Chapter 4

Lilly pov

I was lying on the ground, because my head was still aching.
I heard the door open, so I turned around to see who was entering the room. I couldn't see who it was at first, I just saw two figures. But then I recognized the second person.

"Harry!"

He looked relieved and mad at the same time.

"Great, you two already know each other. I hope you'll get along, because you're going to spend a lot of time together", the man said.

I vaguely recognized him, but I didn't know from what or where.

The man pushed Harry into the small space and then left, after he locked the door.

"Harry, are you alright? How did you find me? What am I doing here? Are you hurt?"

"Wow, Lilly, calm down. Relax, everything will be alright, I promise. I don't know why they caught you, don't you?"

"No! I don't know what they want from me. They were talking about some kind of medallion, but I've got no idea what that means."

"Yeah, me neither. I overheard their conversation about the medallion, but I also don't know what it means."

"What do you mean 'their conversation'? How many people are into this?"

"I don't know how many. But I do saw a guy around our age talking to the man who brought me here. Oh, and the guys' name was Oliver or something. "

"Oliver?!"

"Yeah, I'm not sure. Why?"

Shit, this couldn't be true. He couldn't be talking about my best friend Oliver, right? But why was Olli gone? So he did have something to do with this.

"Do you remember what this Oliver looked like?"

"Euhm, I'm not really sure, but I think he had dark brown hair and he was kind of tall."

Shit.

"Lilly, are you alright?"

"This Oliver you are talking about? I'm 99% sure that's my best friend I was searching! Oh my god, how could he do something like this?! First disappearing  and then locking me in this cell!"

"Wow, what an asshole."

"Seriously, is that all you have to say, Harry?" I was kind of pissed by his relaxed attitude.

"No, I'm serious; What an asshole! But I must say, I don't understand what we are doing here and I don't understand either why they caught you. Any ideas?"

"No, I really don't know! But he was acting strange today."

"What do you mean by strange?"

"He was acting like this sweet and sentimental guy. He even gave me flowers and he complimented me. It's strange because he never did that before.
I assumed he was in love with me or something, but apparently he isn't. "

"Their has to be an explanation for this. Why would your best friend turn his back on you and what does this have to do with a medallion?"

"Like I said, I have no clue."

"Alright, maybe we just have to wait."

"Like he said, we're going to spend a lot of time here. And do you mind if I sleep for a while? My head is still pounding like crazy."

"I'll hold you" Harry said.

I looked up at him in his beautiful eyes.

Then, Harry lift me from the ground and while carrying me, he sat down. It must have been pretty uncomfortable for him. But he held me like that for a while. I felt something weird in my stomach. Something like butterflies.

.
.
.
.

Harry pov

I carried her until she fell asleep. I must say, it was pretty uncomfortable, but it was worth it. And I kind of felt sorry for her.
She lost her friend, who turned out to be a betrayer. She was locked inside a room with no idea why. Thanks to me, she fell in the street and later on fainted. And because of that, she now is here. Shit, was this my fault?

I looked at her and she was still sleeping. Every time I looked at her, I was captivated by her beauty. I really liked her too, even though I barely knew her. I was hoping to get to know her better.

I actually had the feeling she kind of liked me too. I didn't know that was even possible: someone liking me for me. But that's probably because she doesn't know my past, my friends and family.

I always was the bad boy in school. I had to be, actually. There was no other way to be my own person. Everyone saw me as the son of that rich guy.
My father was leader of a company in town. Everyone knew who he was and everyone knew not to make him mad. He was a great business man, but he never had enough and he also didn't mind when murders happened in his business.
We were filthy rich. We could buy everything we wanted. Everyone was jealous of me, but they didn't notice that I was jealous of them. They had real families, with mothers and fathers who cared. They had parents who came home after work to look after them and make food for them. I didn't.

I was that kid with a different nanny every year. I knew the nannies even better than my own dad.
He never listened to me and he never cared.

This behavior of my dad all started when my mum died. She died in a car accident. My mum was the business woman in our family, but I didn't mind because she came home and cared about me. Back then, my dad was just a normal man with a normal job.
After my mum died, he decided that he should make his own money and that he couldn't be depending on someone else. So he founded a company which became a success. Everyone
wanted to work with my father.
He became a different person.

I also have a brother, Dan. But he's doing his own stuff now. You probably know him, he's the lead singer of Imagine Dragons. He's the reason why I'm here with Lilly actually. But I don't mind and I like their music as well.
But I didn't tell Lilly or anyone else he was my brother. I didn't want to come over as cocky and I also didn't want girls to like me for the wrong reasons. But Lilly wasn't like that, so maybe I would tell her.

"Hmmm"

Lilly was awake.

Years I had to look after myself,
but now I had the feeling to take care of Lilly. And I would.

___________________________________

Here's chapter 4!
I hope you like it. I know it's maybe a little bit boring right now, but it'll get there :)
I know Dan Reynolds hasn't got a brother named Harry, but this book is fiction. So if something seems wrong or strange, just go with it please :D

Chapter 5 will be uploaded next week. Thank you all so much for the reads and votes! It means a lot! Don't forget to vote or comment on this chapter or previous chapters!

xoxo S.