Chapter 5

Lilly pov

I opened my eyes and I saw Harry. I don't know why, but I immediately felt the urge to smile. How could I smile when I was in such a mess?

"Hey, Lilly", Harry said.

"Hi, how long was I asleep for?"

"Just a couple of hours, you didn't miss much."

I wondered why he could be so calm about this. But yeah, I didn't really know him, did I.
I wanted to know more about him.

"Tell me something about yourself, Lilly" he said.

"I was just going to ask you the same thing."

"Well, I said it first so it's your turn."

"Hmm, let's see. I live with my mum and my dad and my brother left us while I was little. I remember my mum and him fighting but I can't remember about what. A few days later he just left us. I tried to contact him, but it's pretty obvious now that he doesn't want to be found, so I stopped searching" I said in one breath. "Oh and about me? My passion is writing and my whole life I've wanted to be a journalist. I guess I'm just afraid it'll turn out to be something too difficult for me."

"Wow" he said. "That was a lot. And I'm sorry for your brother.
I think he owes you an explanation."

"Yeah, that's why I looked for him for a very long time. But I've kind of given my hopes up. "

"When we get out of here, I'll help you search."

I loved it when he talked in the future about us. Like he wanted to stay in my life, even if we barely knew each other.

"Well, you owe me that. After my fall, haha."

"Yeah, about that, I'm very sorry Lilly. I have the feeling that this is all my fault. If I didn't let you fall, you wouldn't have fainted and then you wouldn't be here."

"No, no, it's not your fault. If these guys wanted me for some reason, they could've taken me anywhere no matter what. And I'm actually glad that I'm here with you rather than being here alone."

He smiled at me and I felt warm inside.

"Yeah, you're right" he said "So, a journalist you're telling me? Honestly, I could see that in you."

"Really? You're the first who says that. I would love to be a journalist one day. To figure out things that happen that moment and then write about it. That must be great!"

"What do you mean 'I'm the first who says that'? You're parents must support you, right?"

I had to tell him at one point. But it was still a sensitive subject to talk about my parents, because nobody seemed to understand me. But I could try and explain it to him.

"Actually, my parents don't really care about what I do. Because my brother and I fought a lot when we were little, my mum blamed me for his departure. And when I told her that she's the one who fought with him a week before his leaving, she switched to a different subject. It didn't make any sense, so I didn't talk about it anymore. And when I stopped arguing about him, she lost interest in me. She was mad at me, for no reason and she just doesn't care anymore. My father just followed her. So to answer your question, no they don't support me. I just think my mum is going to be happy when I leave the house."

I felt relieved when I told him. I just had to let it all out. I hoped he would understand me. The only person who knew about my situation was Oliver. But apparently I couldn't trust the one person who understand me. Thinking about it, made me sad.

Harry didn't say anything. I immediately regretted what I had said.

Then he walked over to me and hugged me. It was a warm and comforting hug. I could cry any moment now.

"It's okay," he said "you can cry."

As soon as the words left his mouth, a tear fell down my cheek. I couldn't see clear anymore. I just felt his strong arms again, holding me tight.
In that moment, I was so happy Harry was here. I didn't want Oliver here or my parents or my friends from school or even my brother. I just wanted this hug from Harry to last.

.
.
.
.

Harry pov

Lilly was crying in my arms and I felt so sorry for her. But at the same time I was relieved that she kind of had the same background as me. As soon as she would stop crying, I would tell her. I would tell her that I understand her and that she's not alone and that it is okay to cry and that we can fix this together. I didn't even know her parents, but I hated them. I hated them for ignoring and hurting such a sweet and beautiful girl who didn't deserve all of this. I also hated that Oliver guy and I swore that I would go to the bottom of this to find out what all of this means and what Lilly has to do with this.

"It's okay, Lilly. It's okay."

"Thank you," she whispered "Thank you for holding me when I really needed it."

I held her even closer to me. The people who hurt her had to realize what they had done to her. And I would make them realize.

"Lilly," I said "now I'll tell you a little more about me."

As soon as she nodded, I started talking.