Part 7 Destination Arrived

Chapter 7

The time passes quickly with Mosalle's never ending stories trailing out of her mouth like an eternal stream during the day; and the two Gifted Royals practicing their powers by night. Trayven trails morosely behind the two ladies, keeping watch over them and dreading each step closer they come to reaching Delphic.

Soclair's map leads the group to a stone barricade, no instructions provided to bypass the obstruction. Sylvonna, incredulous that their dangerous journey would lead to dead end, dismounts Excelsador and stares at the stone looking for a way into Delphic. Mosalle appears at the elf's side examining the stone with an intense gaze.

Sylvonna sighs in exasperation. "One would think Soclair would put instructions on the map of what to do from here." A glimmer catches the elf's eye that is embedded in the stone high above their heads. "Mosalle, what is that up there?"

The youth touches the cool surface of the rock, with her fingers extended. A thin stream flows upwards towards the glistening object, attempting to pry the item free. When the water consumes the glimmer the barrier in front of them vanishes revealing the secret land of Delphic.

Both of the Gifted Royals step back in shock, wearing matching expressions of awe as they behold the hidden city in all of its magical wonder. Mosalle and Relki enter into Delphic first, trailed closely by Sylvonna. As the elf takes her first step towards the land that beholds her destiny, the stone rematerializes blocking the rest of the travelers from moving any further. She places her hand on the smooth surface wondering what triggered the boulder's reappearance.

Her eyes travel upwards towards the glistening object, an idea forcing its way to the front of her mind. She concentrates on the plant energy flowing through her veins and procures a small vine from her hand that slithers up the gargantuan rock and reaches the item causing the boulder to vanish once again.

Sylvonna's head nods in approval, knowing she has this puzzle all figured out. She continues her path through the opening in the barricade, Excelsador close by her side, weapon in hand, and supplies pack slung over her shoulder. As they turn to wait for Trayven all that meets their gaze is the barricade that has shut him out.

She drops her belongings and runs to the stone, tears streaming down her warm cheeks. "Trayven, Trayven!" She calls to her companion as her small fists pound on the unmoving surface, her eyes darting about trying to find a way to let the half human into Delphic.

The thick barricade does nothing to muffle the sound of Sylvonna's cries. Each time his name rings in his ears he feels as though a knife pierces his heart. He doubles over, unable to handle the pain of Sylvonna's frantic pleas for him as he is helpless to soothe her. The tears flow freely from his eyes down his face, his mind too fogged with grief to wipe them away. He musters all of the strength he has to stand, placing a sentimental hand on the giant boulder as if to say goodbye. With a heavy heart he turns and walks away, back to Flanoria, to await Sylvonna's return.

It does not take long for her hands to throb and swell in pain at her brutal yet futile attempt to move the stone. She slides to the ground, her head hangs in defeat and her shoulders shake slightly from her silent sobs. Excelsador places his head empathetically beside hers, nuzzling her cheek softly. She turns into him, her sorrowful tears soaking into his chestnut fur.

"I didn't get to say goodbye nor tell him how I feel. Now, who knows if I will ever see him again." As she embraces his muzzle he leans in closer to her, letting her know he is here for her.

You will see him again, I promise. His low, comforting whisper breaks through her melancholy thoughts and instantly calms her. Sylvonna nods ever so slightly in agreement, brushing away the few stray tears that escape her eyes. A small smile comes over her lips despite her grief, and her eyes look hopefully at Excelsador, trusting him to keep his word.