6. Lesson Not Learned

+ Side Notes +

•Song: Hurricane - Halsey

So this chapter isn't as serious as the song seems, but just think of it like the parody version of the song. Here's chapter five.

+End of Side Note +

--------
|Miki|
--------

The plane ride to Maine needed only two more hours before arriving. The air, though, was tense. Onlookers watched them like a heated drama series. A girl who sat near their right was watching them with bugged eyes with her sticker book covering the lower half of her face so she wouldn't look obvious, not that it wasn't obvious before. Miki stared at him for a minuted then stood up but Hunter spun around and yanked her back down.

Hunter: (He glared at her.) Don't. You. Dare.

Miki: (She glanced at her wrist in surprise.) You're stopping my blood circulation.

Hunter: (He released her but brought his hands to her face and forced her to looked at him.) Miki. Stop flirting with everyone you see.

Miki: Then just admit that you were jealous and I'll apologize.

Hunter: (His gut churned uneasily. Jax was watching them, with a bag of popcorn.) But he's watching!

Miki: [He's not the only one.] Man up. Grow the balls of steel. (She taunted him.) Besides, it's not like he's videoing this down.

Jax: Oh I am.

Miki: (Hunter sprang from his seat to grab Jax into a choke hold but she shoved him back down.) You know, I can practically hear the pilot calling my name.

Hunter: (He faltered and let his hands dropped to his lap.) I was jealous, (he said it quietly.)

Miki: Louder.

Hunter: [For fuck sakes.] I was jealous! (His face was set aflame.)

Miki: And I'm sorry for being a flirt. (She tilter his chin towards her and pecked his lips.)

Jax: I hate to say it but that was disgusting.

Miki: Hey, we're just two heterosexuals kissing.

Jax: Yeah but I could still see Hunter as a guy!

Miki: And you don't see me as a girl?

Jax: It's not like you changed much. You're weird eyes and attitude's the same.

Miki: That's not reassuring.

Jax: Whatever. The point is, you guys are gross.

Miki: So you got a problem with homosexuals?

Jax: No, but that doesn't mean I think it's gross when I see homos kissing. (He shoved a handful of popcorn into his mouth.) Honestly thought, I heard that BL was becoming a thing.

Miki: Like how heterosexual couples are a thing?

Jax: Yeah! Now what will happen to normal sex when anal is what's on everyone's mind?! (He shoved more popcorn in his mouth.)

Miki: Okay it's starting to bug me now. Where the hell did you get the popcorn?

Jax: I went to say hi to Pearl and her cute friends.

Hunter: Can you guys shut up for a minutes? I'm trying to think. [IwannadieIwannadieIwannadie.]

Pearl: (She walked up to Miki and handed her large cup of chocolate pudding.) Weston wanted me to give this to you. He thought you deserved it for swooning him. (She pulled out a card from her pocket and gave it to her too.) And this one's from Theresa.

Miki: (She took the gifts and wink at her.) Thanks cutie. Is there something you'd like to give me?

Pearl rolled her eyes and ruffled her hair before attending the other flight occupants. Jax and Hunter eyeballed the pudding and card. By then, Hunter had already snapped out of his humiliation.

Hunter: Who's Theresa?

Miki: She's the chief on this plane. (She read the card and stuffed it in her pocket.) I went to give her my thanks when I got out of the restroom.

Hunter: What did she write on the card?

Miki: (She glanced at him innocently when she couldn't help but smile mischievously.) Her phone number.

Hunter: (He lets out a heavy sigh.) Okay. You're not going to call her, are you?

Miki: Probably not.

Miki opened her pudding and started to devour it. Jax asked a couple times for a bite but she never gave permission. Seven questions later, Hunter remembered there was one more person who gave her a present.

Hunter: So who was Weston?

Miki: (She froze.) Nobody special.

Hunter: Then why'd he give you a cup of pudding that big?

Miki: Special treatment?

Hunter: Miki.

Miki: That's my name.

Hunter: (He glowered at her.) You got three seconds to spill before I attack you.

Miki: You know, the sky's looking really-

Hunter: One.

Miki: I love yo-

Hunter: Two.

Miki: He's the pilot.

---------------------------------
|And that's chapter five.|
---------------------------------