Chapter Nine

I wake feeling drained of energy, I don't want to get up because I feel like I will fall down from the lack of feeling through out my body.  I have to go to school without power.  I feel weak.  Grant helped somewhat with the hug.  But Mark and Zac's torment overruled that.  What do I say to people that ask what happened.  I don't know if I can lie to that many people.  But if it comes out I will be dead.  I just have to lie to my friends, family, people I don't even know.  This is horrible. 

I get dressed nothing special just sweatpants, sweatshirt, and sneakers, I don't feel like dressing up.   I walk downstairs, let the questions flow in.

"Honey what happened to your face?"  I have the bandage one so they can't see it is a bruise,  I will tell them it's a  cut from a tree.

"I was in the woods taking a walk with my friend Grant, and we were talking so I wasn't looking, so I cut it on a branch.  Grant's dad is a doctor so he knows what do to with basic injuries so he helped me.  I'm fine."  I quickly walk out the door before anyone else asks more questions.

Liam is just getting in his car when I go outside. 

"Whoa I might have so take a picture of this Raylenn Conner in sweatpants.  What a sight."

"Yea so what."  I never wear sweatpants, never, in my life . I wear leggings. But sweatpants no way in hell do wear them in public.  But today I don't care.

We drive in silence and he honks the horn for Brena to come out.  She looks like her normal self.  Dressed up, all cute, blue hair.

"Wow Conner what up..."  She stops in mid sentence, it must have been Liam telling her to stop.

"Wait what happened to your face?" 

"A branch cut it."

"You okay."

"I'm fine."

After that no one really says a word I am going to get asked that question a million times today. 

We walk into school and I get a million stares already.  It's probably the bandage on my face, but also the ugly clothing I am wearing right know.

I walk into homeroom and my eyes scan the room to find Grant but I can't seem to find him.  The bell rings and I sit down.  We are aloud to have our phones out so I text him.

Me- Hey, where are you? Homeroom started already.

I wait for an answer but none come.  The bell rings for first period so I have to put my phone away.

Dear Diary,

I am in class right know, in first period.  Grant never showed up to homeroom I wonder why.  I texted him but he never answered me.  Maybe he will be in second.  I hope so, I want to see him.  Yesterday when I left it wasn't my dad and Megan it was Mark and Zac.  Zac made me come to his house again for a couple of hours.  God someone help me, I can't tell anyone about this.  I am too scared.  I really want to tell Liam and Brena but I just have a feeling in my gut that Zac or Mark will find out somehow.    So it was a setup, him meeting me it was.  It can't be a coincidence that he met me liked me and was friends with Mark.  No way.  He already knew who I was.  Lets stop talking about this, every time I do I think of the slap and him making me make out with him.  And that makes me want to curl up in a corner and die.  Anyways, Grant gave me a long yesterday.  I felt so damn safe, like Zac couldn't hurt me anymore.  That Grant would protect me if Zac laid a hand on me.  Or a mouth.  He was so forgiving of me.   Crap, it's not him that I should want forgiveness from it's Liam and Brena.  I have been so distant from them and rude.  I can't tell them the reason why.  I must find an excuse.  Should I use Mark.  I could.  Tell them they he has been torturing me non stop.   He does that anyway but that doesn't get to me.  It just makes me hate him.  I don't get depressed about it.  I have to go, the period is almost over.  Bye.