Get In Loser, We're Going Shopping

edited/but not well to be honest lol

(Casey's P.O.V)
"Time to go shopping!" HornHead clapped his hands together, giving us all what he thought would be an encouraging smile. I thought he looked stupid but nobody wanted to hear my (totally correct) opinions.

Taylor wasn't talking, and I'm pretty sure she was trying to understand everything HornHead had just told us. I didn't blame her. It didn't seem like any of us had a god's blood in our veins.

"What if you don't believe in the gods?" I had whispered to Katrina when HornHead was talking. She laughed so hard she didn't get to answer my question until three minutes later.

"You better start believing, kid."

We headed out of the door soon after

Ethan stopped walking when he reached the plaza. He grinned back at the group, relieved to have a break from me. "We're here!"

Katrina grabbed my hand. "I'll take her and Meghan. We can look for some sort of transportation. Maybe a rental car or a bus. Do you have any cash?"

HornHead handed her a few bills and then turned back to Taylor. "We're going to grab some supplies. We'll meet up in an hour."

And with that, I walked off with Meghan and Katrina to find a ride. My attention quickly led me away from the group and towards an alley. I heard a few weird noises coming from it.

I peeked around the corner, and saw a horse sitting in the alley and nosing through a trash can. White wings spread from it's back like a birds. My eyes went wide as I ran up to it.

"Meg! Come check it!" I called from behind my back.

I heard the two girls footsteps as they entered the cramped space, and the horse stood up at the sudden noise. "A pegasus?" Meghan asked, her jaw almost hitting the ground.

I reached over to pat the pegasus's back. It was white and a little smelly from the trash, but I didn't care. It whinnied affectionately.

"It wants... doughnuts?" Meghan told us, as if she understood the horse.

Katrina grinned. "I think we found a ride."

I looked between the two of them, as identical grins formed on their faces. Did I miss the bus or something?

•••

(Taylor's P.O.V)
Ethan handed me a few twenty dollar bills, two hundreds- geez- and a few drachmas. I was thrilled when he told me we could Iris message with them (though just as freaked out).

We split up to find provisions, and Ethan told me he'd work on food. After a half an hour of running around, I had managed to buy a first-aid kit, a Swiss Army knife- the cashier wouldn't let me buy it so I had to find Ethan to help me with that-, a pack of granola bars, a towel, some wipes, and maybe two books.

I stuffed it all in a good sized duffel bag I'd grabbed and set off to find the others.

It wasn't hard, nor did I assume it would be. After wandering around for a minute, screaming came from behind me. I jogged towards it with a sigh.

Holy Hades this was getting old fast.
(I get to say that now!)

I found my group in an alley off some road, surrounding a Pegasus. "What the...?" I trailed off, glancing at Katrina for an answer.

I'm pretty sure Pegasuses- or Pegai, to be correct- don't just wander around random street corners.

She just shrugged, "I guess we found our transportation?"

"He looks a little tiny, doesn't he?"

Casey and Megan might fit, but I seriously doubted that all five of us could fit on him.

"We can work it out, can't we Bolt?" Katrina cooed at the Pegasus.

I put my hands up, "Woah, woah. Now we're naming him?"

Apparently we were now naming horses with white wings that smelled like garbage, but to be honest it was probably only like fifth on my list of the the craziest things happening this week- right up there between (sort of) getting kidnapped by two strange teenagers and almost getting a B on my math test.

While the others tried to find out how we were going to all fit on Bolt I wondered away. I figured I'd try to call my Mother while I could. I knew cell phones were strictly against everything Ethan had told me but I was too guilty to not talk to my Mom. We didn't have the best relationship but I still couldn't help but try.

No one would miss me, besides I'd only be gone for five minutes.