Okay Maybe Knowing The Greek Gods Is Important After All

edited

(Taylor's P.O.V)
I woke up draped across a random guy's shoulder. This was troubling for many reasons. My school bag was still on my back though, and my phone was in my pocket. I tried to stutter out a sentence, but my mind was only focusing on the fact that I had seen something that looked a lot like a harpy jump out of a bush and attack my friends.

I was insane.

"She's awake!" I heard Meg's voice call, and I automatically relaxed a tiny bit. At least my friends were here. They could probably tell me what was going on.

The guy set me down on the sidewalk, where I wobbled around a bit before leaning on Casey.

An unknown girl was staring at me. She looked like she was in high school, maybe a freshman. I glanced at my friends. They seemed perfectly comfortable with the strangers.

"Who are these guys?" I probed.

"I'm Ethan Gates, and this is Katrina," The guy started, "I won't explain everything right now, but you're in danger and I'm going to let you guys hide out in my apartment for a while. We can call your parents as soon as possible, but I'm sure they've been expecting something like this."

I gawked at him, "Expecting something? What do you mean?"

Katrina shook her head. She had tan skin and black hair, and warm coffee brown eyes. "Later," Was all she told me.

After an awkward moment we all started moving, led by Ethan to his house. I ignored the fact that this all sounded extremely dangerous. I pretended to be okay with the fact that a monster had just attacked us. But as my stomach twisted itself into knots, I knew it wasn't something I could just get over.

It was going to be okay.

We eventually reached the place Ethan had been telling us about, and I tentatively pushed my thoughts out of my mind. I could call my Mom. Katrina and Ethan could explain what was going on.

We stepped into a complete mess.

Clothes were strewn everywhere and all the furniture was ripped up. Someone- no, something had been in here. I couldn't fathom what it was. The only clues at all were the large canine footprints in the middle of the floor.

"Oh for Hade's sake. I'm definitely not going to get my deposit back now," Ethan cursed.

Katrina picked up a piece of a shredded cushion and looked back at him, "Y'think?"

My two friends were quiet, both looking around. I'm sure the fear overpowered the curiosity in all of us right now. I protectively put my hand on their shoulders.

Ethan turned back to us, clapping his hands together.

"New plan. Let's call your parents. I'll give you a brief explanation afterwards and then we should go shopping for resources to get us to Camp Half Blood. It's not too far, but it's going to be a tough trip without help."

What could he possibly tell us?
•••
"Camp Half Blood's in trouble."
That's what Ethan had told us.

Camp Half Blood, as in the fictional camp Percy Jackson went to. As in the place with lava pits and deadly capture the flag games and the place where monsters existed.

I think I might pass out. Again.

Sure, it's any PJO fan's biggest dream to go to Camp Half Blood. It's not just the characters and the camp though. It's the monsters and the Gods and everything. The entire universe was real.

That wasn't even the extent of it, though.

"Camp Half Blood's in trouble. Monsters attack any Demigod they can find, and for some reason they're much better at finding them then usual. I was sent to find as many kids as possible to bring to safety."

Things were not looking up for us.