Ch. 2: You Think I'm a Goddess?!

Silas comes back inside just as it becomes dead silent.

"Chiron is down the street. We need- what... happened?" he asks, looking back and forth between the two of us after noticing the thick tension in the room.

"My dad's a god." I mumble, staring at the ground with so many thoughts running through my head.

"Ambrosia, I'm deeply sorry. If I told you, you would be in danger." She says sweetly but a frown still crosses her face.

"Is that why I was kicked out of schools?" I look up at her.

"All demigods get kicked out of schools all the time. Percy Jackson got kicked out of school every year of his life!" Silas says.

My mouth opens to say something, but we hear knocking on the door. My eyes dart to the door then to Silas.

"It's Chiron. Come in!" he shouts loud enough for him to hear.

My history teacher, Mr. Haminson wheels inside. I glance at Silas with a dumbfounded expression, not believing my eyes.

"Sorry it took so long! Mortals." He shook his head.

"Chiron, this is Aikaterina, Ambrosia's mom." Silas says, motioning towards my mother.

My mom bows her head in respect.

"It is an honor to meet you, sir." She says.

"Ah yes. You're Ms. Minerva, the one who loves Greek mythology." He states, rubbing his chin with his pointer finger and thumb.

"Y-yes sir." She blinks at him in surprise.

"Wait, so you're saying he's the Chiron from the stories?" I raise an eyebrow, looking at everyone one by one.

Mr. Haminson stands up from the wheelchair and his legs aren't legs anymore. His lower half magically appears as a white stallion as he gets out of the chair. I stare at his horse tail as it flicks back and forth. So...he's a centaur.

"Okay then..." I clear my throat, awkwardly, not knowing what to say next.

"Ms. Minerva, Ambrosia must be taken to camp immediately. Unfortunately, that means you can't come." Chiron says.

"I... I understand, sir." She frowns, a sigh releasing from her.

"Mom... Please stay safe. For me?" I ask, politely, placing a hand on her shoulder.

She opens her mouth to say something, but just nods. She kisses my hand, then pushes a piece of hair behind my ear.

"If you see your father... Tell him I said hi... Please...?" she whispers.

I nod before giving her the biggest hug. She squeezes me tight as if she'll never see me again. Hopefully that is not the case. I will see her again soon. Silas puts me on Chiron's back after I let go of her, then I help him on. My mom blows me a kiss as we trot off, but I have to look away before I start crying. After a few seconds, I look back only to see we aren't in California anymore.

"Where...?" I ask, looking around in awe.

"New York." Chiron states, "Long Island, to be precise."

"But... how?"

"Centaurs travel fast, let's just say that." Silas says with a grin.

I kept my mouth shut after that. We stop at an entrance and it seems to say 'Camp Half-Blood'.

"How come I couldn't see it from down the hill?" I ask as Silas helps me off Chiron's back.

"The mist blocks it from mortal's eye sight. Most mortals' brains can't process all the gods and monsters. Your mind is still letting in the monsters." Silas explains once he's standing on the ground.