Ch.7: Cancer the Crab Attacks Us

We sit on the train in silence for a few hours. The train car is almost empty except for two people at the other end by this time. Honestly, we're all extremely exhausted from meeting the gods back to back, especially me. Aphrodite's curse is still very fresh in my mind and I've been thinking about it the whole train ride. The boys fell asleep about an hour ago, which is fine with me since I got so much on my mind. I wouldn't have been able to sleep anyways.

Theo sits in his seat, slightly forward with his arms crossed and his head down. Honestly, I don't know how it's possible his dad is the god of the Underworld. I could faint from how hot the boy is, truly. On the other hand, I should faint because of Jack's hotness too since his dad is the sun god whom is hot. Okay I should shut up.

Jack jolts wake up once the thought leaves my head. He looks around as if remembering we're still on a deadly quest. His eyes meet mine once he calms down.

"Oh, you're still awake. You tired?" he asks.

"A little." I mumble.

"Then go to sleep, Delia..." he whispers, softly, bringing me lean my head on his shoulder.

"Mmkay." I quickly give in.

I fall into a deep sleep easily. The boys wake me when we arrive in Montauk, New York. Exiting the train, we find our way to the docks. It isn't very far thankfully and we arrive within fifteen minutes. I stare out at the open water with nostalgia almost. The sea breeze rushes through my hair, causing me to close my eyes and smile. I feel at home. After a moment, I look at the boys and frown.

"I don't know how to pray to him..." I admit in defeat.

"All you really do is say 'hey can you help us out?' But you have to gift him." Theo says.

"We don't have any- OH!" I go through the bag Apollo gave us.

My hand brings out a sand dollar and I smirk, showing the boys what I found.

"Did Apollo know we were gonna need that? And how would he have gotten it?!" Jack asks.

"Well he's god of the prophecy," I shrug, "I don't even want to know how he got this." I sit at the end of the pier then exhale.

"Dad... I mean Poseidon... It'd be really nice if you could give us a ride across the Mediterranean... Please? Oh and please accept my offering." I throw the sand dollar into the water.

As soon as it hit the water, it disappears not sinks. I look at the boys and they are both smiling. A boat horn goes off, making me jump in surprise. To our left, we see a yacht in the distance.

"That's our ride." Jack points at the ship.

"But how will we get to it?" Theo asks.

Surf I hear a woman voice say.

Without thinking, I motion my hand up, creating a stream of water coming towards me. I look at the boys and smirk.

"This should be good..." Jack says.

"How's your surfing boys?" I smile.

____________

"THIS IS TOTAL ABSURDITY!" Theo screams over the noise of the waves.

"I wanna go to a surface that is not water please!" Jack screams.

"Oh quit whining you babies! We're almost there!" I yell.

I spot a table on the deck of the yacht and position us to land in the chairs. The only bad thing is now the whole deck is covered in water from the literal waves we surfed. I pretend to be examining my nails when the boys look at me. They are soaking while I am completely dry. Oh the perks of being a Poseidon child!