Jasmin's POV (3)

Jasmin’s POV:

I woke up at eleven o’clock. I woke up several times during the night due to the strange dreams I was having about wolves and how I was being chased and no matter what I tried to do, I couldn’t escape them until one came and saved me. I got up brushed my teeth and got dressed. I pulled on my skinny jeans, my tank top, and my sweater and brought my big winter coat with me downstairs. My grandma had made cinnamon buns and there was one waiting for me in a plate glazed with tons of icing.

“Thanks Ma.” I smiled sheepishly.

“Where are you going so early in the morning?” she asked with a concerned look on her face.

“I’m just going outside, a bit farther into the woods to get some better photos for my collection.” I explained through bits of cinnamon bun.

“Alright well, don’t go too far and come back on time before it gets dark and take your phone with you just in case.”

“Yes, Ma, I know. Don’t worry okay?”

“Okay,” she said and then kissed me on the forehead, “make sure you take some really nice pictures okay? I wanna see them when you get back.” I smiled at her and took off.

It had snowed a little bit more last night and the clouds seemed heavy and I was sure it was going to snow again soon. The real reason I wanted to come out to the trees was because I needed some air and some space. After that dream I just felt so strangled and trapped in the house. I needed to get out. I went out the side door and made my way to the back where my uncle had made a giant area for my Grandma’s garden and then the rest where trees every here and there, getting more crowed the deeper you went. I went along taking some pictures so that I would have some to show for Grandma so that she wouldn’t suspect me. I walked farther down and saw a log, so I brushed off the snow and sat down. I started looking around at the trees and how beautiful they looked covered in snow. I brought my sight back down and looked around me. That’s when I saw it.