Ash's POV

Ash’s POV:

I still couldn’t believe that I had tried to kiss her. I kept touching my lips as if hers had been there. My watch said it was eight o’clock pm. I had walked her back to her grandma’s at five and told her that I would come to her window tonight at nine. She kissed me lightly on the cheek causing my heart to skip a beat and handed me my jacket. I told her to keep it but she wouldn’t and said her grandma would question her. I put it on. It smelled just like her, so good. And when werewolves say someone smells good, it’s not because they were wearing a special perfume or something but werewolves get this special smell from the person who is destined to be with them. I walked around before I walked to the back of the house. I found Uncle in the kitchen cutting an apple.

“Nephew! Ash, how are you?” He asked, now coming over giving me a hug.

“I’m good, sorry I went out since you guys weren’t home yet.” I replied hugging him back. Uncle had gained a little bit of weight and his hair longer than before. “Growing your hair out now?” I asked chuckling.

He laughed, “No. Just feels better when I’m in wolf form.” He replied, sipping his coffee, “You want some?”

“Uh, no I’m good. Where’s Joe?” I asked looking around for my cousin.

“Well, he’s gone out with some of his friends.” He said winking, “If you know what I mean.”

Joe was known for his way with the ladies; even though he was a year younger than me-almost 17-He always had someone with him but never got too attached. I didn’t understand how he could do that, move on that fast. I guess it was probably because he never intended on being serious whereas I, was seriously in love.

“So where did you go” Uncle Rob asked, breaking my train of thought about Jasmin.

“Oh just in the forest, for a run. It’s nice and refreshing out there.”

“Uh-huh. So you like it here?” He asked.

“Love it, actually.” I answered, but not for the reasons that Uncle Rob thought.

“That’s good. Well I’m making dinner, you go get washed up. You smell different.” He said confused.

“Oh, I ran into Shay, while I was out there.” I quickly said hoping he would believe me.

“What the hell was Shay doing here?”

“No clue.”

“Was he any trouble?” He asked, frowning.

“No, I told him I was here for a break and didn’t want to deal with his stupidity.”

Uncle laughed, “Good job. If it was Joe, he would’ve started a fight by now.”

“Yeah, well I'm gonna go shower.”

“Alright see you at dinner.”

I walked up the hardwood stairs and into my room. I grabbed my white t-shirt and my dark blue faded jeans and walked into the bathroom. My watch read eight thirty, I couldn’t wait for nine o’clock to come.