aftershock

Thanks to xxRandomxThoughtsxx for the cover! and reading my story.

if anyone else has an idea for a cover please let me know and send it too me! i will gladly use it! :) 

thanks for reading :D

Jasmin’s POV:

Ash picked up the letter and came towards me, closing the door behind him. He slowly opened the envelope and slid out the letter. He opened it and started to read it. I made my way closer to him to see what it was but before I could he folded it in half and put it in his back pocket.

“Ash…what was it?” I asked looking at him. He still didn’t look at me, he just stared at the ground, “Ash, you have to tell me. I think not telling me would make me more unsure about stuff, than you telling me.” I told him trying to get him to tell me.

Still without looking at me, he slid the letter out of his back pocket and handed it to me. I took it from his hands looking up at him, but still no reaction. His face was expressionless and he looked like he was thinking about something very carefully.

I slowly unfolded the paper and read it;

Dear precious Jasmin,

I see that you have gotten my little gift, but that’s just the beginning. I see you have an eye for strange creatures, so why not give you the real thing that they are-death and cruelty. Did you really think you could live a happy life with him? He’s no one. And I want you, and you will be mine. Either you can come on your own, or I can arrange something else. In the end you will be with me and he will be dead, and you will get to watch it all; his painful death just being the beginning. And before he dies, he’ll get to watch me make love to you. Just you wait.

Love, your soulmate

I finished reading the disgusting letter and crumpled it up, tears on the verge of falling from my eyes. I didn’t even realize that I was about to cry, but reading that my stalker would kill Ash made my heart drop. I couldn’t let anything happen to him. Before I knew it, his muscular arms were around me, holding me close; I felt at home with him hugging me. I wouldn’t survive if he wasn’t here with me.

“Ash...” I said between sobs; the tears were now flowing freely, his shirt had a little wet circle where my head had been, “What are we going to do…?”

He put his hands on both sides of my face and wiped my tears with his thumbs.

“Shhhh…” he said moving the fallen hair away from my face, “Nothing is gonna happen, okay? I'm here for you, you trust me right?”

I looked up at his light brown hazel eyes that looked glazed over, as if he were about to cry too.

“It’s not that I don’t trust you…it’s that…I'm afraid to lose you.” I told him truthfully, another tear escaping my eyes. He wiped it off and kissed me passionately.

“I’m not going anywhere,” he grinned; leave it to him to be smiling at a time like this, “You’re stuck with me forever. Don’t forget it.”

I pulled him closer and hugged him hard. I put my legs around his torso and he lifted me up, hand on my back and one under my butt, and carried me to the living room. He sat down on the couch after pulling my legs to the side so that I was lying in his lap. And before I knew it, the stress and exhaustion took over me and I fell asleep.

Ash’s POV:

I carried her to the living room and sat down, her still clinging on to me. I sat down and put her in my lap more comfortably. Soon enough she was asleep. I kept thinking who could have done that, it was obviously someone who knew about me being a werewolf, but who? And Jasmin was mine; there was no way I was going to give her up to anyone. I growled inside, thinking about losing Jasmin to some ass made me angry. Jasmin stirred a little in my arms. I took one arm out and brushed her hair out of her face. There was tear stains on her face, and she was obviously still stressing about the letter. I could see it on her face. I bent down and kissed her forehead. I got up and carried her up the stairs to her room and put her down on the bed. I went to go change, when she grabbed my hand.

“Don’t…don’t leave Ash.” She said still somewhat asleep.

“Shh, don’t worry; I'm just going to the bathroom. Okay?” I told her stroking her face.

She nodded and let me go. I walked to the bathroom, did my stuff, took off my jeans and shirt wearing my boxers and went back out. The moon was shining in through her window casting a little light on her face, making her look even more angelic. I quickly climbed into bed with her. She turned over knowing I was back and hugged me. I put one arm under her head, and soon enough I too fell asleep.