Ash's POV

Hey guys, any ideas for a title for the book? let me know :) and thanks to those who voted :)

Ash’s POV:

She sat there expressionless. Why had I decided to tell her? I should’ve just kept my mouth shut.

“You’re joking right?” She said now sitting up a bit farther away. Even though I was naturally warm, I could feel the cold air where she had been.

“Just hold on and listen okay…” I started.

“Is that why the other wolf left without ripping you apart?” She asked. I nodded.

“And is that why you’re so warm?” She questioned. I just nodded...again.

“So you can transform into a…a wolf?”

“Yes, but Jasmin listen to me. I’m not a bad person. And that wolf before, he was an old bully I knew in elementary school. He’s always trying to bug me, and when I told him to not hurt you, he realized that you were something to me and he’s always wanted to ruin anything that I care about.”

“You, you care about me?” She asked. Those big brown eyes sparkled when she asked me. I smiled, wondering if that was the only thing she heard.

“Yes, yes I do. And that’s what you felt before when we touched,” I said, taking her hand again. My hand tingled like little electric shocks slowly moving up my arms, taking over. It was different this time because we were both accepting it. This feels so right, she thought, now leaning back in. I know. It’s because we’re supposed to be together. I replied.

I don’t know how long it had been, we just sat there holding each other. She was small and curvy and I could easily put my arms around her. She rested her head on my shoulder and her hands on my chest.

“So what colour wolf are you?” she asked. I could feel her breathe on my neck and it made the hair stand up.

“Brown,” I replied as she started to laugh. “Just like my skin tone,” I continued, “That’s how it usually works. Wolves are usually the same colour as their skin with a few features from our human form.”

Just then, I felt something vibrate near my leg.

“Oh…that’s my phone.” She said with a disappointed look. The caller I.D. read “Grandma”.  She quickly picked it up.

“Hey, Ma,” She waited and listened. Her grandma was asking where she was and telling her that it would be dark soon and she should come home.

“Yeah, I was just coming back Ma, I’m close by, I can see the house.” She looked over and from this high up you could see her house. With my excellent eyesight, I could see her grandma pacing around on the phone and two little boys running around playing with cars.

“Kay, bye Ma. I’m coming.” She tapped the ‘End’ button on her phone.

“I have to go…” she said leaning back on my chest. I put my arms around her again and held her closer.

“Do you have to?” I said speaking into her hair. She smelled so good. She nodded, but still didn’t try to leave.

After what seemed like couple of minutes, she got up and started climbing down from the tree. I followed her gracefully, easily leaping from branch to branch. I got to the bottom before she did and helped her down but didn’t put her down right away.  She smiled at me and holding her there I noticed how brown her eyes were. They resembled melted chocolate, soft and beautiful. Her black loosely curly hair fell onto her shoulders making her look cute but not childish.  I honestly lost track just looking at her. She ran a hand over my hair that I had just cut, I just melted, I was so happy.

“Ash...ASH! You have to let go sometime. I have to go home!” She laughed.

“Ah, sorry! I didn’t even realize, I just…you were…I-” I struggled to explain what had happened.

“Don’t worry,” She interrupted smiling. I smiled back, I couldn’t believe I had found her, and that she accepted me for who I was and wasn’t frightened by it. I finally put her down and now that she was standing a little farther away from me I could see that she was around 5’10” and obviously fit. From before I saw that she had curves that were now hidden by my huge jacket. She handed me my hoodie that I had wrapped her around in. 

“What?” She asked embarrassed. She started walking away.

“Hey!” I started following her, “I was just looking at how beautiful you are...”

She grinned, “Ha-ha very funny.”

“I’m not joking, I’m serious.” I said, now stopping. She turned around and looked at me.

“Okay, what are YOU looking at now?” I asked.

“Um…can I ask you something?” She asked looking down. I walked up to her and lifted her chin. I’d only known her for a few hours but it felt like I knew her since the day I was born. I felt happy just being next to her.

“What is it?” I asked now serious cause I knew something was up.

“I just…um, I don’t know how to ask but…uh…”

“What? You can ask me anything. You know that.”

“Um…Can I see you in wolf form please?” She blurted out.