Part 1- A New Start.

*Jasmines Pov*

Today is my first day in America. I've just finished my Leaving Certificate. I'm only seventeen so I should be doing the Leaving Cert next year but it was my mums choice to put me in school a year early.
My family didn't really approve if me moving to America so soon but they also want me to follow my dream. I want to study Art and Photography. There are amazing colleges out here, so I decided to come here to get the best chance at pursuing my dream.
I got the key for my apartment off of the landlord. I know I have a roommate but I don't know his/her name.
I put the key in the door and walk in. I see a boy standing in front of me. (Picture attached)
He had brown hair dyed blond at the top and was wearing a red cardigan with a white top and black skinny jeans.
"Um, hi." I say.
"Hey, you must be Jasmine. I'm Austin, one of your roommates."

"One of my roommates? How many are there?"

"Three others, Levi, Drew and Nate."

"Oh okay, where are they?"

"They are in the other room, I'll bring you in."

I follow Austin into the other room a few metres away from the room I entered.
"Guys." Austin says.

There was three boys surrounding a table, with guitars and sheets of paper, some scrunched up on the floor and some covered in words.
"Yeah?" A boy with curly hair says not looking up.

"Levi, look up." Austin says.
I'm guessing the curly haired boy is named Levi.
"Okay Jasmine, this is Levi, Drew and Nate."
"Hi, I'm Jasmine."

I sit down to the boy, who I think is called Nate. He smells really nice.

"What is all this?" I ask.

"We're in a band. We're writing some music." Nate replies.

I pick up one of the sheets and read it.
"We're under the same pale moon, we wish on the stars like you........ Or are you just lost in love like the rest of us."

"This is really good. Can you play it for me?" I ask.

"Yeah, if you want." Drew says picking up his guitar.

"1,2,3,4..." Nate says.
"You move, I wait, he wins too late." Austin sings.

His voice is amazing.
"Funny how a smile could look so good, but hurt so bad." Drew and Levi sing.
Wow.
I'm impressed.
I notice that Nate isn't singing. He's just tapping the table.
I wait until they're finished to ask if Nate sings.
"Don't you sing?" I ask.

"Oh no, I'm the drummer." He says.

"Well I thought that was brilliant. Ye are very talented."

"Thank you. So tell us about yourself."

"Well I'm hungry." I say jokingly.

"How about we order a pizza, you can tell us over that." Nate suggests.

"Sounds great." I say.