Vampire's Aren't So Bad

"Come on." Rena yelled over the music as she dragged me to the bar. I could barely move in this tight ass dress and high heels. We were at one of the clubs downtown following up on a lead about a vampire whose been leaving a string of bodies with a trace of no blood left. Unfortunately that led to Me and Rena being bait while Adam and Donny waited in the alley way behind the building. I think Rena picked this one because she loves clubs and free alcohol, I mean I do too but only when I'm not being bait though.

When we made it to the bar, I collapse in a chair and glanced around. I ignored the lustful stares and focused on the job.

"Here." She held a drink in front of me "it's your favorite." She chimed.

I smiled at her and downed it in three gulps, it burned my throat but I needed it. Every since that fight with fairy, I'v been having this strange feeling that I was being watched. I sat the cup down and noticed that Rena was talking, well flirting with the bartender so I got up and made my way through the dance floor. I dodge most people as I kept searching for the unusual. Getting nothing, I slowly turned around only to catch eye contact with those green eyes. I glared at him as he smirked at me and started to come my way, I quickly went left and zig zag through everyone. I was almost off the dance floor until I got yanked back and into the arms of someone.

"Stop." He gritted in my ear, I didn't stop squirming and I wasn't until he let me go. His grip tighten as he pulled me closer to his body. I froze when I felt something dig into my butt.

I turned in his arms "I can't be bothered with you right now." I yelled, leaning back once I saw how close we were.

He pulled me off the dance floor and to a table "What job are we doing tonight?" He asked as he leaned on the table.

I raised an eyebrow at him before searching around "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Is it about that vamp who doesn't have any home training?" He asked staring directly at me, I kept quiet "Here's a hint, what's an easy way to get a hold of your targets?"

I furrowed my brows at that question, he nodded to the table next to us. I looked over as the guy chugged his drink and slammed it on the table. It took me a few seconds and my eyes widen, I took off to the bar only to find no sign of the bartender or Rena. Shit, I took my phone out quick to check the messages, I got none. I took my shoes off only to be stopped by Derek.

I glared at him "What do you"

He grabbed my arm and next thing I know we're in the back Alley. I blinked and looked around, seeing Donny knocked out cold and Adam and Rena in a bad situation. Rena was held hostage by the bartender, well vampire, and Adam had his gun out, pointed at them. They were talking so they didn't notice us.

"If you want me to end this situation, all you have to do is asked." He whispered in my ear "But I do love watching you fight and coming to save you in the last minute."

I grimaced at him before taking out my knife from my bra, I clicked it out slowly and made my way to them.

I was a few feet away from them "Take another step and I'll snap her neck." The vampire hissed.

I stopped "Let her go." I demanded roughly.

"Listen to me first, I'm not the one killing those people." He stated, I kept my scoff in "There's another vampire who went off on the deep end and the whole clan has been looking for her." He explained.

I raised an eyebrow, "How do we know you're telling the truth?" Adam asked.

The vamp pulled out his arm and put it in the light, he had the mark of three bolded lines with two lines goin across and a circle in the middle. It was the mark that let us know that the vampire was clean and haven't been feeding off humans. If a vampire ever did feed of a human the line in the middle would vanish because it would be known as rougue.