Chapter 5. New Home

Astrid's POV.
..............................................
"Shoot that dragon down!!" Stock yelled at Toothless and Hiccup. I was still in Toothless's grasp as he did barrel rolls and flips to dodge the bola's. Soon however, we were out of sight of Berk. Hiccup stopped near a rock stack and Toothless gently let me go. I stood up and dusted myself off.
"You okay?" Hiccup advanced towards me.
"Yes. Thank you Hiccup."
"You know who I am?!" He gasped.
"Yeah. I've been trying to train dragons ever since you left. Only Stoick doesn't like it." I explained. Hiccup nodded in understanding.
"I will take you to my home." He said and then mounted Toothless. I got on behind him and we were off again.
............................................................................
Stoick's POV.
.........................................
"Shoot that dragon down!!" I yelled. Gobber and a few other men ran to the bola thrower thing and shot the nets at the Night Fury. It dodged them easily even though it was holding Astrid. As it disappeared into the night it flew past the moon and I gasped. There was a rider on its back. And the tail looked familiar. Half of its tail fin was red. Just like........that Night Fury that Hiccup was riding when he ran away. Gobber must've noticed the red tail fin as well.
"Stoick is that......."
"No! Hiccup is dead! And that's that." I stopped Gobber half way. But my mind was telling me that that is Hiccup.

..........................................Time Skip..........................................

I hadn't been able to sleep at all during the night. Instead I thought of a plan, an idea to get Hiccup back.
"Gobber!" I shouted as I walked into the forge.
"Aye Stoick. What's the matter?"
"Man the ships! We are going to search for that dragon rider!" I ordered before walking to the docks. Gobber scurried away and spread the word.
.....................................................................
Hiccup's POV.
.........................................
Toothless was tiring fast as we approached Haddock Island. So when we landed at the stables he basically fell asleep on the spot. I walked to the forge and took my mask off and placed my shield down. Astrid walked in slowly as I tried to get the fire going.
"Hiccup. What....what happened to your leg?"
"It's a long story. But it's worth telling." I replied, smirking a little bit. Astrid sat down on a rock and I sat down next to her.
"Remember that huge dragon we saw in the volcano?"
"Yes! That thing was huge!"
"Well......when Toothless and I left. I decided to figure out a way to defeat it. I ended up calling it the Red Death. So exactly one year after I left Berk, we (Toothless and Hiccup) flew to the nest and drew it out. After a while it followed us into the dark clouds and Toothless blasted at it often. But suddenly the Red Death blasted fire everywhere in the clouds. Unfortunately it started to burn Toothless's tail. So we dive bombed towards the ground. But the Red Death followed us. So I had an idea. The Death started to suck in air, so Toothless barrel rolled and blasted into his mouth. That caused an inside explosion. I couldn't control Toothless anymore because his tail had burned off all together. The Red Death hit the ground, head first, and exploded. Toothless managed to stay above the fire but he was headed towards the tail. It hit my leg, causing to break, and we plummeted to the ground. Toothless saved my life. Just not my leg." I explained slowly to Astrid.
"So......the Red Death is dead?" She asked hopefully.
"Yep. That's why you don't get dragon raids anymore."
"Wow. You know what......your a real hero." She commented. I blushed slightly.
"Are you blushing?"
"What? No! Guys don't blush." I stood up and went back to the fire. Astrid suddenly punched my arm.
"Owww!! What was that for?!"
"That was for leaving me." She said, and then grabbed my collar and kissed me.
"And that's for saving my life." She finished.
...........................................................
Astrid's POV.
................................
Oh my goodness! I just kissed my long lost crush. Well, he did just save my life.
"I....think I'll go to bed." I stammered. He smirked and mounted Toothless. Toothless flapped his bat like wings and then grabbed me in his paws.
"Hiccup! Let me go!" I yelled. He didn't reply. I looked where we were going and saw a dark cave with a faint light in the background. Toothless dropped me near a table and landed next to me. Hiccup got off and helped me up.
"This is my home. But there's a spare bedroom over here." Hiccup gestured to a wooden door. I walked over and opened it. I was nearly knocked off my feet when five Terrible Terrors shot through the door.
"Arghh!" Hiccup growled at them.
"Can......can you speak...dragon?"
"Yes. Toothless taught me." He replied. I smiled and then continued walking into the bedroom. It was large and airy with a open roof. There was small desk and chair next to the bed. On the opposite wall was a cloths hanging space dug into the wall.
"This is so beautiful!" I gasped. It felt a lot more cosy than my bedroom back on Berk.
"I'm glad you like it. I'm off to bed now. So I'll see you in the morning." He then shut the door quickly and I went to bed.