Secrets revealed. [9]

A/N I wrote part of this with false nails on and they're really long and it was hard to type -_-

Soz for the time that this is being uploaded...

On w/ the storia then :)

We were all currently sitting at the dining table eating our food, well when I say 'all' I mean Lisa, Tim and I. Phil was just sat in his bedroom because he was 'sick'. He wasn't actually sick but today was the day that I decided that I was going to tell his parents his... secret.

"Hey, Daniel sweetie? Would you be able to take Phil up his dinner please?" Lisa asked handing me a plate with some chicken and vegetables on it.

I put my knife and fork down and kindly took the plate from her.

I walked up the stairs slowly making sure I didn't spill the food onto the floor.

I knocked softly on Phil's door.

"Hey, delivery! Let me in?" I asked.
Moments later I heard feet shuffling and then a click. I was greeted with a small, frail boy, tears stained his cheeks from the evening before.

"Hi" He croaked looking up at me.
"Here's your food" He took the plate and put it on his desk.
"Have you told them yet?" I shook my head.
"No but I will" I say starting to turn out the door when I felt a cold hand grip around my wrist.
"I'm scared" He was on the verge of tears.

I pull myself free from his grasp and placed my hands on his shoulders.

"No need Lion, trust me" I smile "And remember to eat your food" I call out from the bottom of the steps.

I make my way to the dining room.

"Lisa, Tim, umm..." I coughed awkwardly. "I- Phil is ready for me to tell you what's wrong. I know you might of appreciated out of his own mouth, but he's just not ready to tell you himself. Apparently he's never told anyone this before ever, so please don't talk to him right after I tell you. Not trying to control how you parent him but he told me to tell you that" They just nodded so I took a deep breath. "Did he ever tell you why he couldn't go to school" They both shook their heads. "Okay, he had 2 friends. Katy and Bekkie. Did you know them?"
"Yes we did, lovely girls hey? We should have them round to meet you Dan." Lisa chirps in.
"No we can't. Sorry Lisa but did Phil tell you? Those girls were sisters and their family moved to Tenby 2 years ago, for the next half a year after those girls moved Phil was all alone and there was this... group of boys. They never physically hurt him in anyway but they did verbally hurt him. Everyday"

I could see the tears forming in Lisa's eyes, Tim was just looking down at the table but I could see his defeat as well.

"Everyday until he started getting you both to teach him. He told me that he didn't tell you because he didn't want to worry you." I paused for a minute or two to let them both say something, but when they didn't I looked up from my lap. Lisa was crying into Tim's chest as his arms were draped over her shoulders.

"Dan, go and see Phil a minute while I try to calm Lisa please" Tim said quietly. I nodded in agreement and went up to see Phil.

"Hey buddy can I come in?"
"Yeh, it's open" I opened the door to find Phil sitting on the end of his bed reading.

"So what's that you got there?"
"A book" We both chuckled at his comment.
"No what book you idiot?"
"Of Mice and Men"
"Cool"

He put down his book and looked at me.

"Did you tell them and how did they take it?"
"I did tell them, your mum she's, urm crying a bit and your dad is comforting her right now"

"Oh god" His head made it's way into his hands. "I knew I shouldn't have let you tell them" He began to shake so I pulled him into a tight hug.