Chapter 9: Enjoy these moments of ours

I was currently finishing up packing. We we would leave in an hour to go to take the kids to my Aunt Taylor's and Uncle Jims

Saying they were not happy was an understatement.

"Please don't make us go!!!" Dylan cried once again and ran into his room with nich right behind him holding Lily.

We hadn't talked much at all since the other night...

"Dylan... You know we can't.." I whispered sadly.

He looked down sadly at the ground and I felt tears spring to my eyes, quickly, I blinked them away and finished packing everything.

Once everything we needed was loading we sent the movers in the moving truck on their way to my aunts home.

Once the kids were buckled in, and so were we, nich began driving towards my aunts beach house.

The car was filled with silence.. Sadness on all of our faces.

I kept peering over to nich who kept his eyes glued on the road, his grip on the wheel making his knuckles white and his jaw set in place.

Suddenly cries filled the air and I looked behind me to see lily crying, i unbuckled my seat belt and crawled to the back middle seat and sat in between her and Dylan.

I kissed her forehead and got her pacifier and toy out, making her stop.

Dylan stared at me with sad eyes and I gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"It's going to be okay.." I whispered

After a few minutes, Dylan had fallen asleep and Lily looked like she would soon as well.

I got back in the front seat and buckled myself in then turned on the radio softly to a country station.

Rascal Flatts What hurts the most was playing.

I let out a deep breath and saw nich had kept peering over at me so when he did it again, I met his gaze.

"We don't have to do this" he said

"We do.." I said frustrated.

"Why don't you want to fight it?!" He asked raising his voice and I shushed him.

He let out a sigh and looked back to the road.

"We can still visit them.. It'll be okay." I said

He ignored me, so I kept quiet and in an hour and a half we arrived to the huge beach house.

I got out of the car and went to the back, lifting Lily who was asleep in her car seat and holding her against my chest.

We would bring things in later.

Nich and I met at the front door where he held Dylan who was wide away now and gripped onto nich.

The door opened a few seconds later where a tall man came into view.

He smiled at me while I returned it

"Hi uncle Jim" I smiled and hugged him, next was Nich who gave him a handshake with a smile and Dylan grasped onto Nich tighter when Jim said hi.

"Sorry.. He's having a hard time with this.." I said awkwardly.

"It's understandable. Come on in! Sorry there's toys... Everywhere.. The kids are just everywhere" he laughed and let us in.

Toys were sprawled out to the left of us in the living room with two kids who looked to be around five or six.

"Auntie Jess!!!" They squealed when they saw me.