Chapter 4: More Time

Today's the day my mom was bringing the kids. And Nicholas and I hadn't talked to one another since our fight yesterday.

I totally lost it. But I felt as though there was so much more in me that had to get out. I just didn't know how.

I got out of the shower and got dressed into a white skinny jeans and a tan colored sweater and decided to lightly curl my hair and then did my makeup.

Once I had brushed my teeth and put on some ankle boots I heard the doorbell ring and I walked to the stairs.

I suddenly bumped into something and almost fell over but was caught by strong hands.

I looked up to see Nicholas standing there in his work suit.

"Morning" I said and moved away quickly and walked down the stairs.

He followed after me as I went to the door "I think we should talk" he said

"No time." I said and opened the door to see my mom.

"Hi honey" she said

"Hello" i said.

I hadn't seen her in a long time.

She quickly pulled me into a hug and then released.

"The kids are in the car. Hello Nicholas! Would you mind helping?" She asked

"Not at all" he smiled politely and I rolled my eyes.

I noticed he saw me rolling my eyes and he shook his head as he followed us out to the car.

I opened the left door to see a little boy look up at me and smile.

"That is Dylan! Dylan! Say hi to your cousin!" My mom smiled and he giggled and put his arms up to me.

I smiled and unbuckled him from his car seat.

Right when he was in my arms he wrapped his arms around my neck and cuddled into me.

Awww I love this kid!

"Here can you come get Lilly Nicholas?" My mom asked

Nicholas went wide eyed and I rose my eyebrows at him.

"Um you should get her. I'll take him" he said and I rolled my eyes and gave Dylan to Nicholas.

I walked over as my mom passed the little baby over to me.

"She's ten months?" I asked confused.

"She was premature" my mom said

"Oh" I said and rocked the sleeping baby in my arms.

I looked up to see Nicholas staring at me.. Not just staring.. But with a different look in his eyes.

"So go put the kids in the house and then come help get more stuff" my mom said taking stuff out of the car and putting it down.

We carried the kids inside and then put them down.

I put the baby down on the couch and put pillows around her while Dylan was falling asleep as well.

"About last night-" he started

"Don't" I said and quickly walked back out to my mom to get more stuff.

After we got everything in which was furniture, clothes, food, and etc. My mom spoke up "You two seem awfully quiet.. Something going on?" She asked

"Nope" I said before Nicholas could speak.

"When do I get grandchildren?" She asked smirking

My jaw dropped "Never sorry. Bye" and I left to go inside.