Chapter 4

...Grayson or Ethan was on the ground with someone on top of him. I couldn't tell if it was Grayson or Ethan because they looked completely alike from this distance. They were, after all, twins. Even from far, I could see that he was injured. He had a black eye and had blood dripping from his nose. I needed to help him.

I ask the teacher for permission to use the 'bathroom'. She permits me and I quickly leave the room. I walk quickly through the hallways toward the main entrance. I was just about to pass the desk that stands in front of the security guard. I tip-toe and peek a look at her: thank god, she was sleeping. Running as fast as I could toward the exit, I leave the building turning left to where I saw one of the twins.

They were gone.

Where could they have gone? I look around everywhere, turning in circles. Nowhere. Strange, I could have sworn I just saw someone's shoe around the corner. I run on my tip-toes to the corner stop at the corner, peeking carefully. I see a head full of blonde hair, none of the body, turning another corner. I skip on my toes to the corner I just saw the head turn and take another careful look.

Out of nowhere, something cold and wet hits my face, hard. 

~~~

I open my eyes with dismay, taking in my surroundings for a few seconds.  Am I hurt?  Am I dead?  Was this all a dream?  I am laying on my back in a room that I have never been in nor seen before.  Grayson was kneeling in front of me before, and was now standing with his hand outstretched toward me.  I take it and get up, looking up at him, waiting for an explanation. 

"Summer, are you okay?" He asks.

"I'm fine, but I should be asking you if you're okay," I start. "What happened?  I saw you or Ethan get-"

"You must have gotten hit pretty hard on the head.  Nothing happened with me or Ethan.  Let's get you home so you could get some rest."

"No Gray, I know what I saw.  One of you were bleeding from the nose, which is weird because it's not there anymore."

"Damn it Summer.  Just get your fucking stuff and get in the car." He says aggressively, almost yelling.

Right now wouldn't be the right time to piss him off, because I need more on what just happened to me a few minutes ago.  I get my book bag that is on a chair, and follow Grayson down the hallway of the third floor of the school.  He slows down a bit for me to catch up and we walk side by side in the school's parking lot. 

"Grayson," I start.

"Listen, Summer.  I don't know what you saw but I was in my classroom the whole time until I was called by the principal.  She told me, 'Summer fainted outside and we need you.'" He snaps.

I know my brother better than anyone and I can tell when he's lying. 

"I'm not even going to ask what you were doing outside," he says.

"Whatever, Gray.  I'm not going crazy." I reply.

He rolls his eyes and opens the driver's door, sitting down into the driver's seat.  I open up the passenger door and get in next to him.  As soon as I close my door, he looks at me.