Chapter 11

Ashley walks into the dark hall leading north and I follow closely behind her.  Wind blew against my skin out of nowhere and goosebumps ran through my body from the chill.
Where did that wind come from?
It had to have come from somewhere outside - there was a door leading outside somewhere close by, I just knew it.
Ashley didn't seem to have noticed anything.  Maybe she lost her sense of touch as well, maybe she isn't able to feel anything anymore along with her inability to hear well.
Just as I was about to open my mouth to mention something about a door somewhere leading outside, a reminder pops into my head.  I don't have to mention anything to her because I'm not leaving without my family.
She continues walking and looking around cautiously until she halts to a stop and starts to frantically sniff her nose.  My worries build up and I start to look around trying to find whatever she smells.  I don't hear anything, and realising that I'm an amateur I quickly take in my surroundings and look for a place, any place, that we could possibly hide.
Everything is dead black until something in my body triggers and I see a translucent green, and through the green I can see extremely well in the dark.  I don't know what just happened or how it did, but I had no time to think about it. 
Ashley takes steps back slowly and I frantically search for somewhere, anywhere to hide.  A large dent in the wall is the first thing I see but I ignore it, it's useless for both of us.  But when I look closer, the dent has a small handle to open.  Open what?  There must be something behind there.  Either a storage box or a secret passage.  I really hope it was the second option.
But there was only one way to find out and we didn't have much time, I run on my tippy toes a few feet until I reach the dent.  I pull on the handle and it dosent budge.  My heart is hammering against my chest at this point, and there was definetly a possibility of me passing out at any second.
I scan the rest of my personal space as my vision gets hazy.  To the left of Ashley is a cut in the wall and may have enough space for both of us to hide behind.
I grab Ashley by the arm and she jumps from freight.  I pull her behind the wall and stand right next to her, us still holding hands.
I look at her and her wide eyes, widening more and more each second.  Her grip on my hand tightens and I know that these aren't good signs.  My vision only gets hazier and I actually begin to struggle standing.
I finally hear something, and I wish I hadn't. 
The voice of a little girl, 4 years old, brown thick hair and green big eyes, little fingers and toes, aka my little next door neighbor Tanya, crying.
"Please..." she cries in her small voice.  "Mommy..." she screams at the top of her lungs before an enormous, blood curling screech.  And then, nothing at all.  Only the sound of bubbling, like a throat bubbling, even though I have never heard it in my life and wish I didn't. 
The vampire sucking and swallowing angrily the blood of a tiny innocent four year old.
And at that moment everything turns black again.