Chapter 9

"Who's there?" a small, young voice calls out.  Almost a whisper, but I could hear perfectly from the silence surrounding me. 

I am frozen.  What if it's a young vampire?  The voice sounded so feminine, so small.  I hear small footsteps coming towards me and I shrink as much as I can into the wall.

"I won't hurt you," she says.  I am instantly relieved, but I still don't know if I can trust her.  She could be a little girl paid to capture me.  But she was also my only chance.

I walk out into the open, where the light shines on me and I see a small shadow come closer to me.  I flinch as her cold hand grabs mine and she drags me into the room she was just in.

"How are you still alive?" she asks.  More to herself than to me anyway.

She is a tiny thing, really.  She has light blonde hair, brown eyes, and a pale skin tone.  I'm guessing she's a Vampire.  She is wearing a white casual dress, and no shoes.

"Why am I here?  Am I supposed to be dead?" It never occurred to me, I could be in hell!  I always thought I was a good person and deserved to go to heaven, but this definitely was not heaven!

"You are here to serve as... food," she whispers.

"Food?  For who?" As soon as I say it, I realize.  I am here to feed vampires.  I was stolen to feed vampires with my blood.

"Vampires, but how were you not fed on yet?" She asks, mostly to herself again.

"Sorry, are you a vampire?" You can never be too sure, and it's better to know right away for me.

"I am a half-vampire, just like you.  I can tell from the smell of your blood."

I suddenly feel the need to protect myself from her.  She may only be around 6 years old, but she is still partially a vampire and who knows what she can do to me.

But I am half-vampire as well.  How come I can't smell her blood?

"Why can't I smell your blood?" I ask.

"You have very strong blood, Type O.  It is very rare, and tastes the best for vampires.  I can smell it right through your skin, its that strong." she explains.

"How old are you?"

"15 years.  I was trapped in my 8 year old body when I was turned.  And before you ask, not everyone gets trapped in their body.  For me, I got trapped.  For you, you didn't get trapped.  But you will start aging less than your human friends when you turn 18."

"That's when I was supposed to turn into a half-vampire," I mumble.  My Mom told me this, and I envied Hunter for not having to crave blood.  Hunter!  Where is he?  Where is everyone?

"Where is my family?" I cry, hoping, praying that they were not one of those dead bodies.

In return, the little girl looks at me with pity and turns away.