Chapter 4: Love Diction

Hey wait!” Rei chases after me before I totally get out of the school grounds.

I likely did the sign of the cross inside the imagination of my sulky brain. I just really hope he doesn’t recognize any trace of my spy mode even though I was in complete disguise when we met yesterday.

What do you want?” I retort back without stopping my pace and increasing my leg’s strides of speed.

I’m startled to see that he’s already walking beside me without any effort. “That was cool… Yuki..?

I’m always cool Rei.” Blame my confidence with its possession of arrogance.

I heard some kind of laughter but I didn’t even look up to see his face. “The next segment for the acting auditions will be after lunch. Do you have plans for lunch?

I’m busy.” I plainly voice out.

Faith told me that I need to be in my spy mode again. Van and that angelic hearted girl named Angeline will be having a lunch date at the cafeteria.

Do you think I like to be an invisible tail to those two fishes? Now, blame my bestest friend of all the bestest who black mailed me. Let’s just hide her identity in the name Faith Wavery.

I made my way to the comfort room to change in disguise.

I’m about to get out of the cubicle when I heard an Angelic voice. Yeah, you got that right. I heard Angeline’s irritating voice.

So that hot guy on the stage with that demon was your ex?” asks a girl whom I assume as Kristen, her new best friend.

I assume that hot guy to be Rei and the demon to be… yeah, me. I’m not ashamed of it. But to hear it from someone else, I’d be happy to kill if possible to complete my demonic actions.

Don’t call her that. She’s not really that bad.” says the angel.

Okay fine, whatever. I don’t need anyone’s protective words especially when it comes from her. I can protect myself if I can just join the verbal fight with Kristen. But I remained silent to hear more of their girly talk.

Okay fine. I won’t. But aren’t you jealous when you see them? They seem to have a different connection even though they’re only acting.”

No. And I’m happy for Rei if he’ll find his girl.”

Pffft. The heck. Is she really that nice? There’s no any feeling of jealousy?

Are you sure? Tell the truth.” Kristen demands.

Okay fine. You win. But I’m not jealous. There’s just this bit of awkwardness and some weird feeling whenever I see him with a girl.” Angeline confesses defensively.

Yes! So it means that Rei has still a chance! And I can manipulate them for my plan of breaking Van’s heart.

Okay fine. By the way, where would you and your boyfriend Van meet?

Just a simple lunch date at Shakeys.”

A little later, I hear their footsteps fade.

I texted Faith immediately.

Me: Rei has a chance with that angel!

A second later, she answers.