Chapter 10: The Demon Player

My eyes are all swollen from not being able to sleep last night because of all that fuss. I guess I've been less happy than what I expected to be when things are going according to my plan. Angeline left Van all snobby like a crying little puppy that he even acted like a crazy bastard to me yesterday.

Rei is with Angeline now. Angeline's hurt and guilty because of what she did to me. Yet why am I not even a slight bit happy? Should something more painful happen to exact all my past pains? I guess I’m really very used to hardships that I don’t notice one already unless it’s up to it’s climax.

My steps slow down as I’m nearing the practice halls for the play. I’m so nervous that I haven’t been able to memorize lines well. Ugh. This is so unusual of me, the fact that I’m competitive makes it even indifferent. “Hey Yuki! What’s up?”

The freaking ceiling.” What would be there?

Here comes my bestfriend. Look at her timing. Whenever I need her to open a locked door from a room I’m locked in, she’s not there; and when I needed someone to tell me what to do next like when Angeline and Van visited me yesterday, she wasn’t there. Now, she appears again when I don’t know what move I should do. I’m rest assured that time she’ll appear, it would be when I’m done with her instructions and up without any plan.

Speaking of Van, I guess I need to check on him now to execute my plans further. Is it time for me to make him fall for me so bad and break his heart just after another break up from that angel? Well, that would be nice though.

I pull her to the side, telling everything that happened so far. “Now, what should I do?!” She’s officially my advisor even before I knew it.

Hmmm…” She mimics the pose of a detective giving out deductions for a case. “What do you think you should do." she says along with a creepy innocent smile.

Seriously, does she help anyway? I just get the gesture of a face palm whenever I ask questions and get a nonsensical answer.

"Oh by the way, I have someone I like." she says shyly.

Oh, so that’s why she seems adamant even though I’m in a pinch.

Wait, "What?" Since when did this idiot like someone? She was never interested in boys!

"He’s that guy taking photographs over there.” She points at a man almost our age. He’s positioned sitting by the window sill while taking photographs of the quadrangle. He looks like a model doing a photo shoot of him instead of the other way around though. Just by the I.D. slung over his neck, I knew he was part of the newspaper club, probably the photographer.

He looks like a player.” I voice out my honest thoughts. In the field of players, I myself as a girl am one of them so I know if someone is too just by the looks of them.

But, forgive me Yuki.” She suddenly gives off a creepy innocent look than what she normally look like.

All of the sudden, I feel goose bumps on the nape of my neck. I once again look at the guys she’s infatuated with, and somehow see someone he resembles.

I think I know now.

Fate grips the doorknob to the newspaper club, almost like she’s going to flee depending on my reaction. “He’s Van’s bestfriend.

Of all the people, why a player too?

I just stare at my bestfriend with a normal cold gaze; for I knew I can’t do anything to have her change her mind.