Chapter 8: Twist of Hearts

The kiss last night ... it's still keeps playing itself in my head.

Argh! Why can't this brain just forget about it!?

"Here’s a drink." Rei hands over a steamy cup of coffee from the nearby vending machine.

"Uh... Thanks." I warm my hands with the view of the sunrise up ahead the other buildings. I wonder why why I still haven't gone home directly to take a shower and left this human who conquered my first kiss.

"It’s nice we were found by the janitor this morning before we starve to dea--"

The sound of my churning tummy invades the morning air before he even finished his sentence. He laughs out loud as my face gets red.

Ugh. This is more awkward than the kiss last night. I would rather not embarass myself further.

"Hey! I haven't eaten lunch and dinner yesterday! Stop laughing your ass off!" Here goes my brutal self again.

"That was loud." He stops laughing but I know he's just  restraining himself to.

"Your ears are just sensi--"

Another sound of a hungry tummy eludes the air... The only thing was that between the both of us, this time it wasn't mine.

I start to laugh at him for the  karma he just got. "That was totally louder!" I snuggle my stomach as I try to get hold of myself from laughing too much. Just like me back then,  he gets all red.

"Awww. Poor puppy. Go with me." I pull his arm as we saunter towards the busy streets.

"Where are we going?" he inquires as he keeps his balanced from my pull.

"Where else? We're shutting our stomaches up until they can't make a sound!" and with that,  I drag him into the nearest restaurant and almost ate everything on their menu.

I was about to bring out my wallet to pay my part but he stopped my hand. "I'll pay."

"Oh come on. You don't need to be a gentleman." I say along with a slight giggle.

"Oh come on. You don't need to pretend you don't want me to." he throwsback.

How can he be this pressing?

"Fine. Pay the  bill." I retort. What else can I do?

Hmmm... but I wonder why Angeline still hasn’t fallen inlove with this guy when he's far more bright and gentle than that jerk Van.

"So... any news on Angeline?" I randomly ask as we perambulate  out of the resto.

I notice his expression to be more serious than usual. "I haven't talked about her since that day."

Ugh. He really seems so serious. I'm not in the mood to be this stiff.

"The day since you've hugged me and cried like a baby?"

He suddenly stops his pace which makes my forehead bump onto his hard well built back. "Ow."

I peek at his face and notice him close his eyes longer than normal before he opens them. "Aren't you tired?" he retorts as he regains his usual brightening fresh smile when he faces me. "Let's go home." and he continues walking.

I slowly follow him in silence as he walks.

Did I just make him angry?

Whoa! I'm too guilty to talk again. But the silence is more awkward than that loud sound my stomach made awhile ago!