Chapter 5: Attempted Kiss

Now, what is love?

Argh! I can’t stop getting aggravated by that trivial sentiment!

With my mind crammed with emptiness to that question, I decided to just pay attention to Rei and Angeline on stage performing their act.

What is love to you Angeline? How will you portray it?

“You came into my life in the most unexpected time.” Angeline voices out as they stare into each other’s eyes.

“Then why did you leave me?” asks Rei with an expression of pain and doubt.

“Sometimes you need to leave in order to fine the one.”

So you left Rei just because of Van? Without even considering that he was my ex? Mind you.

“So you’ve found you’re man.” answers Rei with bleak solitude.

“And I won’t let him go for I don’t want to search the whole world again.”

You really never searched him. You just picked him off while you left your best friend in the most leering time of her life.

“…so I want you to move on and find her. And if you’ll look closely, you’ll notice that you already met her.”

Met her? Who? So Rei has someone whom he adores aside from Angeline?! No, it can’t be. I need him to stay in love with Angeline for my mission on the pledge of breaking Van’s heart.

Rei looks away to hide the pain in his eyes. “I’ll do as you wish for love proves its meaning through me seeing you happy.”

What?! No! Fight for her!

Is that love for them? Something needed to be having yourself let go?

Cut! Times up!” the director signals.

People clapped for them but I stayed silent on my seat staring with the usual murkiness in my eyes.

The other student director speaks. “Next partner performance is Angeline and Van.”

The show goes on. How fascinating.

“Of all people in this world chasing after you, why did you choose me?” directly asks Van.

“I just followed what my heart has spoken of.”

I just sometime wish that you didn’t have a heart like me.

“Despite already seeing you break a person’s heart in the past, I completely accept you wholeheartedly but the thought of it still bothers me. Why did you hurt her?” continues Angeline.

Wait. Don’t tell me that she’s referring to me?

“You won’t be fooled if you won’t let yourself be. Maybe I was just tempted by my curiosity of love. The past—”

Is that love for them? Treating it like an adventure just out of curiosity?

Fool? You fool. Speak to yourself. I didn’t mind to listen to his next words. I just closed my eyes and filled my head with thoughts for my ears not to hear any incommodious voices until their act ended.

Van and Yuki, you’re next.” announces the student club director.

Now’s my turn to strike my own self concealed morbidity.