Amity-ified

Tobias POV

We are greeted by the woodsy aroma of a fire burning and cracking in the fireplace and warm yellow painted walls. Directly across from the fireplace is a huge fluffy bed with a quilt in multi-shades of red falling over the edge inviting us to escape the outside winter chill. Above the bed is a skylight that you can see the sky as it transitions from dusk into starry night. A small table with two chairs is positioned near a kitchenette and two heavily padded rocking chairs are situated in front of a bay window that faces the apple orchard.

Tris looks at me with awe and says, "This is amazing." "It's so beautiful. How did you know about this place."

"Johanna," I reply. "I told her I'd like to take you somewhere special since we've only had one real date. So, she set this up."

Tris smiles at my response. I place our bags on the bench at the foot of the bed and head forward to the bathroom. There in the middle of the bathroom sits a huge bathtub with rose petals laying on the bottom just waiting to rise to the top when filled with warm water.

"Tris?" I call out. "Are you hungry.

"I'm getting there. I'll make you something."

"I don't think so. I got it. Sit down and relax."

"At least let me help," she says sweetly.

I look in the refrigerator and find a couple of raw chicken breasts that have been marinated in something that smells like garlic and herbs. A fresh green salad and fruit salad have also been prepared and are waiting in the refrigerator. A three layer chocolate cake with fancy curled icing awaits on the small counter next to the stove. I begin grilling the chicken and it doesn't take long before it's done and Tris plates the food and we sit down.

"This is very good," Tris staes. "I just hope it hasn't been Amity-ified."

"Me too. But if it has, at least we both will be under the influence of whatever that crap is," I laugh.

"How do you think the meeting went today Tobias?"

"Good. No surprises. Now that I've visited with all the faction leaders I know the leaders of Chicago haves some work to do. Every faction leader mentioned the fact that they are aware of a small percentage of the population that is opposed to the changes of opening the fence and allowing the outsiders in and Chicago residents to relocate outside if they wish. And, it seems that Marcus may be the common denominator between all these people. I just hope he doesn't somehow manage to unite them all and cause problems for the rest of us."

"Has anyone seen him personally?" Tris asks.

"Not that I'm aware of. But, he is a master of blending in and tricking people. He did it for sixteen years of my life."

"Ya, you're right," she states.

"Enough of that," I state. "This is the fun part of the trip. We'll talk business later. Sit here for a few minutes I have to take care of something in the bathroom."

"What could that be," Tris asks with a smile and blushing cheeks.

I ignore her question an walk to the bathroom and begin filling the bathtub with warm water. When it's filled, I strip off my clothes and call for Tris.

"Hey, Tris! Come in her for a minute please?"

"Sure. I'm almost done with cleaning up," she states. A few moments later she appears in the doorway of the bathroom.

"Care to joing me?" I ask as I motion for her to get into the tub.

She doesn't respond verbally. Instead she closes her eyes and begins to remove her clothing. She didn't ask me to look away or close my eyes so I don't. I know she can feel my eyes on her.