Thirty Three

"Yes, we mind," Harry says, his voice stone cold.

"Ahh Harry," Liam brushes off Harry's rudeness, "Nice to see you again."

Liam pulls up a chair and sits in between Zayn - who is a blushing mess right now, and me - who is looking anywhere but at Harry for the moment.

"Zayn," Liam smirks at him and Zayn turns even more red, if possible.

"Oh, and your lovely sister Harry," Liam says, finally acknowledging Gemma, "Nice to see you again."

She's looking a little green if I'm being honest. Gemma doesn't acknowledge Liam talking to her, instead, she excuses herself to the bathroom.

"What are you doing here?" I ask Liam finally turning to him.

"I couldn't wait any longer to see you," Liam says gently to Zayn, with a fond smile on his face.

Harry snorts, cutting off Zayn's response, "You need to leave."

"Why?" Liam asks.

"Because no one wants you here, that would be the first reason. I could probably think of about thirty other reasons," he says. His knuckles are white as they clench around his glass, and I'm afraid that it will break.

Liam is about to respond but then the waiter is at our table, placing our food down in front of us all.

"Oh," the waiter says, noticing Liam, "Would you like to order something?"

"That's okay," Liam shakes his head. He reaches across the table to grab Gemma's plate and then he sets it in front of himself, "She won't be coming back."

The waiter just gives him a big smile, "All right then. Enjoy your meals."

I make a face at Liam as he digs into Gemma's meal.

"What?" he asks, mouth full of food.

"What the hell are you doing?" I ask, "You can't just take that."

Liam rolls his eyes, "She really isn't coming back."

"How do you know that?" I retort.

"She wouldn't want to be around me after what I've done to her," he says easily, "Plus, I saw her leave."

I stare at Liam, confused. He's acting so nonchalant about everything, and while I said that I would talk to Zayn for him and that he seemed trustworthy when he explained things to me earlier, I'm getting a very different vibe from him now. This whole situation is just weird.

Harry's chair scratches against the stone as he stands abruptly from his seat.

"Come on Niall, let's go," he says, not taking his eyes off of Liam.

He holds out his hand and I grab it, setting my napkin on the table and standing as well.

"Zayn, come on," I urge Zayn when he doesn't stand.

"Don't go Z," Liam whines when Zayn looks as if he's about to get up and follow Harry and I out.

Zayn looks up at me helplessly and I shake my head no, pleading him to come with us. He bites his lip nervously.

"Come with us Zayn," Harry tells him.

"I-" He looks over at Liam and I grip Harry's hand tighter, "I think I'm going to stay," he says finally, head looking down at his plate of food.

Liam grins up at Harry and I, "Bye Niall. Harry," he nods.

"Zayn-" I start but I'm cut off by Harry.

"No Niall. If he wants to stay, then let him stay," he tugs on my hand and I spare one more glance at Zayn who still can't meet my eyes before I let Harry pull me away from the table.

I become more and more worried about Zayn the father we get from the restaurant without him.

"We should have stayed," I admit to Harry.

"Why?"

"Because he's there alone with Liam now," I reply.

"What about Gemma?" Harry asks me.

"At least we would know that Liam can't touch her if he's sitting at dinner with us," I point out.

"I have to make sure that she's okay," he says.

"I know," I tell him sincerely, "I just worry about Zayn. He's my best friend."

"I know baby," Harry says, tugging me closer so that he can wrap our clasped hands around my shoulder. He presses a kiss to my forehead, "He'll be okay. He can take care of himself."

I hope he's right.

We find Gemma in her room. She's just come out of the shower and she has a towel wrapped up in her hair and a robe around her body.

"You okay G?" Harry asks her.

She nods, but she still looks a bit shaken up, "He gives me the creeps," she shivers, "Makes my skin crawl."

I share a glance with Harry before Gemma speaks again, "Where's Zayn?"

"He stayed at dinner with Liam," Harry spits Liam's name out like he's the scum of the Earth. Hell, if I were Harry I'd think that too.

"What?" Gemma asks, completely shocked, "No way."

"Sadly, it's true," he replies, before picking up the book that has the menu for room service in it, "Food anyone?"

I don't think that I can eat right now, but Harry orders me some food anyway. I sit on the couch while Harry calls room service and Gemma changes. Harry plops down onto the couch next to me when he hangs up the phone.

"You okay?" he asks me, scratching my scalp lightly. I rest my head on his shoulder.

"I will be when I know that Zayn is okay," I tell him, picking up his other hand to play with his fingers.

"Do you want me to go back?" Harry asks me.

I look up at him, "You would do that?"

"I would do so much more for you than you know Niall," he tells me softly.

I press a kiss to his lips before asking, "Would you? I'm just worried."

He nods, "Save me some food," he smirks.

"Aye eye Captain," I salute him.

He chuckles and disappears from the room.

***

The food arrives soon after and it all looks so good that I can't wait for Harry to get back so Gemma and I dig in. A movie is playing softly in the background, but we aren't really interested in it. She's telling me funny stories about Harry.

"And then there was this one time," she bursts into laughter, "Man, that was funny."

"Gemma," I whine, "Please tell me."

She's about to jump into her story but the door opens and Zayn and Harry walk through. I brighten even more.

"I told you he'd be okay," Harry whispers to me when he takes a seat next to me. He picks off of the food on my plate.

"What was going on here?" Zayn asks, sitting next to Harry.

"Gemma was just telling me some embarrassing stories about you Harry," I grin, shoving his shoulder a bit.

Harry groans and throws his head back. "You didn't," he glares at his sister.

"Oh but I did baby brother," she smiles innocently at him.

"Damn it," Harry curses.

"Don't worry Harry," Zayn pats him on the shoulder, "I have a few stories about Niall."

I look at Zayn with the most serious face, "Zayn, don't you dare."

----------------------------

A/N: This story really needs a new cover...