Words

Swaying slightly on my feet as I needed the clear, fresh air that seemed miles away, I felt the headache increase as my feet were starting to become unsteady. Colton noticed how I was swaying as my lungs were begging with the entrance of real, clean air. Not this intoxicated one that was going to make me pass out. My vision became blurry as the lights in the room seemed to fade into darkness as Colton looked like a blob monster.
"Someone grab her before she falls!" Too late, Ella.

"Dakota?" I heard a voice call as my pounding headache was gone and the air around was clean and kind, I opened my eyes as I felt almost refreshed and new. "She's awake!" It Colton's voice, as I was lying on my bed in whatever timing it was. "You okay?"
Looking at Colton, I thought I was ready to smack him upside the head as I sat up, Ella walking over with my water bottle, taking it and saying a mini "Thanks." I then looked at Colton again and said "I fainted, Colton. How do you think I feel?" Making a face at him, I untwisted the cap and took a sip, feeling the nice and cool liquid felt great.
Colton shrugged as he sat down at the end of my bed. "Just asking, I've never fainted before."
Smiling slightly as I rolled my eyes, I put my water on the table as we sat there in silence. Ella was the one to break it.
"What do you think...that was all about before?" Ella asked as she sat on the side of the table, Alisa putting her water back into the fridge.
"I don't know, it wasn't much of a point." Colton said uneasily, not really knowing the reason why. "Maybe he was just doing it for decoration?"
"He was doing it to freak us out." I said, clear as a rock.
"What?" Alisa asked, not understanding. "How do you know?"
"Because it says that on my hand." I said, starting to shake as I stared at the scratched in words on my left hand as my eyes were turning wide.
Colton immediately ran over, looking at my raised hand as I was starting to shake uncontrollably. Alisa quickly ran over and sat on the other side of the bed where Colton was before; she put her arm around me as Ella was standing at the end of the bed, looking eager.
"What does it say?" Ella asked as I was closing my eyes, as I tried to get out the scratched message picture.
I felt Colton's warm touch on mine as he took my arm, instead of my hand, and turned the arm so he could read it straight out and clearly. The message had been written on my wrist, too. So the message was bigger than most.
"The plan of the puppets was to just show them off, scare you almost." Colton's eyes glanced at me; he knew I was freaked out by puppets. "Things will unveil and show soon. Let the game continue."
There was a quiet silence in the room as I felt a few drops of blood fall onto my legs as the arm was still being held by Colton.
"This is some kind of trick, right?" Opening my eyes and looking towards Ella, I was momentarily confused. "This man honestly doesn't think he can get away with this."
"Ella's right. We were thinking, why don't we just break out of this room? Find the way we came in?" Alisa said, as she took away her arm and looked at Colton.
"That's impossible. We don't even know where the door outline is." I said, knowing it wouldn't work.
Ella suddenly pointed towards the wall where the fridge was. "It's over there, I remember."
Making a face slightly, I looked over at Colton for some help. He made the same face expression. "I think we should do it." He said.
I widened my eyes slightly. "You can't be serious."
"Do you want to spend your remaining days in here? Just waiting for death while we suffer?" Colton asked.
I gulped slightly, and then nodded.
We were breaking out of here.