The Cheater: 13

:Nevaeh M. Parker-Stevenson: 

"What do you want, Michael?" I rolled my eyes as I answered the phone 

"Why can't you come back?"

"I don't want to," I said simply "Why are you so worried about me anyway? Don't you have a soon-to-be wife to attend to?" 

"She's not my wife, Nevaeh"

"Okay, so?" I scoffed "You're about to get married to her, right?"

"I mean yeah, but she's not my wife- you are"

"I remember giving you the ring back" 

"Can you just come back, Nevaeh? I said I was sorry" He sighed "I can drop her if that's what you want"

"It's too late for that, don't you think?" I twisted my lips "Michael, you actually don't love me like you said you do- because if you did, you wouldn't have found another woman and got engaged to her when we were still married" 

"I know, and I apologize. I just wanna work it out with you"

Furrowing my eyebrows together, I looked at the TV as Royalty fell asleep on my stomach. Dawson left to go upstairs and get ready- and I'm sitting on the couch, talking to a damn fuck. 

"No, I'm good" I spoke "You don't need me- so I'm good" 

"I do need you- why can't you just talk it out with me? I want to be with you again" 

"Yeah, sure, okay" I chuckled

"Nevaeh, you know I'll do anything for you. I can easily leave her- isn't that what you want?"

"I don't know. She's actually a nice person- so I don't know why you're manipulating her. Besides, you basically left me to die in the hospital- and since I'm back, you want me again? It doesn't work that way" 

"It could work that way if you would work it out with me"

"Work it with her first- then you can talk to me. But as if right now, I don't wanna talk to you" 

1:17pm

"You're weird" I painted the side of his face with a paint brush

"Never said I wasn't" Dawson smirked, putting on his work gloves

I watched him pick up some heavy wood- taking them to the trash can. He brung over a ladder, putting it in front of a white wall. 

"C'mere" He told me

Walking over there, he gestured for me to climb up. 

"How come I gotta get on the ladder?" I asked, putting my hand on my hip

I looked straight up at him- and my neck was kind of hurting because he told me he's 6'3. I hate tall people with a passion- that's why I make sure I talk to August and Chris from a distance, just to see them better. 

"Well, you are pretty short and you gotta paint. You can't just be painting the part near the floor" He chuckled 

"I'm not a midget"

"I never said you was"

"What does that mean" I squinted my eyes

"I'mma let you assume what I mean- but for now, just climb on the ladder" He smiled, patting one of the metal steps

Pursing my lips, I picked up the turquoise paint can from it's handle- going up the ladder. 

"Damn" I heard him mumble, feeling my butt tingle as if someone was looking at it