Chapter 7: The Truth

I've completely fallen for her since we first met. That's something I need to get out to her before anything happens. She hasn't met anyone she really likes, yet. Unless she really likes me, because that would be the best feeling ever. I talked to Space, starting to like him a little, now. I wouldn't trust him with my secret, so i just think it to myself. She has the most beautiful hair, and eyes, and smile. She is just the only thing that I really have. But I guess in a way, I'm the only thing she has too.

When I woke up the next morning, Chell put a note in front of me.

*You were talking in your sleep, you know.* "Really? What did I say?" *Something about me and a mashy spike plate. You kept repeating "don't jump"*

"That was the same dream, no-nightmare that I had while I was in space. The one where I told you to come back, and even then you listened, even after I had taken control and tried to kill you..." I trailed off. I felt myself shaking, I was sniffling and my voice was cracking. I was crying.

*Are you alright?* Chell wrote. "I-I'm fine." It was so clear now that I was crying. I don't know why I tried to hide it.

Chell picked me up and put me in her lap. I buried my blue optic in her shirt. Why did I have to take control, why did Chell have to press the bloody button?! Why couldn't I have just let her escape and go with her, why!?

After about twenty minutes, I was all cried out. Chell finally patted my shell and grabbed her notepad.

*Why were you crying?* I thought it was time I told Chell how I felt. I've never been brave enough to do it before, always chickening out. But every time she pat me like that, it made me feel like I could do anything, and I will tell her this time.

"Because I-I care about you Chell, I would never in a million years want anything to happen to you. You've got the most beautiful eyes, beautiful hair, a-a beautiful smile. And you care about me. Even now, here I am on your lap even after everything I put you through. And all I've got is a blue optic and stupidity.

That, was amazing. I could not be happier right now. He meant it! Why wouldn't he have just told me before?! Why wouldn't I have just told him before?! I quickly grabbed my notepad and wrote.

*hey! Don't let anyone think you're a moron. If you were a moron, then you wouldn't be here now. If the scientists who built you think that you're a moron, then the only morons are them.* I saw him simulate a smile, I did the same.

"Thank you, Chell. You don't know how much you mean to me." At this point my eyes were watering. We've fallen for each other! I feel invincible. I might as well say something I was thinking of, because it is the beginning of February, now.

I clicked my pen again and wrote. *GLaDOS is yellow, Wheatley is blue, be my Valentine. (I don't hate you.)*
I added a heart at the end.

Wheatley was smiling and blushing the whole way through. I've never seen him so happy. "If I didn't say yes to this, then my name isn't Wheatley!" I laughed and so did he. Which made me feel so good.

*You know, I've always loved your laugh.* I wrote. "I've always loved yours too, and your beautiful smile!" I blushed as well.

He is the cutest core, human, android, or robot I've ever laid eyes on.