Chapter Two: Getting Closer, But Not Quite

My wrist stings a little as Phil grabs it, but I make an attempt not to make it noticeable. He can't know. I just met him, and if he finds out, he'll just be another person in this world to hate me, and to be completely honest, even if this man ends up being a murderer on the loose, I'd rather die with him not knowing my secrets, than to die knowing he hates me because of it.

He continues to drag me along, me just going with it. I really wish I knew where we were going, but no murderer would disclose that sort of information, right? I decide against asking about our destination.

Suddenly, he comes to a stop in what seems like, an old abandoned apartment building? Yep, he's a murderer. I slowly try backing away, but his grip on my wrist tightens causing me to yelp in pain and fear. He immediately lets go of my wrist and turns to me with an apologetic expression. Okay, now I'm confused..

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have dragged you here, I am so so sorry. You probably think I'm some axe murderer slash rapist or something.." he says, still maintaining eye-contact with me.

"Ya think?" I mumble, rubbing my wrist. He looks down at the ground in what looks like shame. I can't help but feel just a little guilty.

"I'm sorry...you can go now," he says, motioning in the direction the way we cams from. I frown a little, hesitantly placing a hand on his shoulder, causing him to jump a little. When he looked up, his eyes were filled with....tears? Had he been about to cry?

I give him a sympathetic look and say, "It's okay...what were you wanting to show me anyway?" His face lit up once again, making me smile a little.

"Well, there is this ladder at the back of this building that leads to a hidden room that has an amazing view of the creek out there in the forest," he explains, motioning to the building, then to the trees behind it. I just nod and smile at him. "Mind if I show you?" he asks suddenly.

"Of course you can show me you twit!" I reply, bursting into laughter as soon as I said it. He laughs as well, his tongue sticking out of the side of his mouth just like last time. I giggle as he quickly covers it up with his hands. His face gets red. "What?" I smile at him.

"It gets on my nerves, I don't like it." he says, looking down at the ground again.

"Well, I, for one, think it's adorable," the words come spilling out of my mouth without me thinking. He tries to hide a visible blush that appears on his cheeks. I just giggle and try to brush it off. He looks back up at me and smiles adorably. God I love it when he smiles...

"Shall we go then?" he says, extending a hand to me, snapping me out of my daze in the process. I smile and nod, taking his hand.

He then dashes off once more, me struggling to keep up.

Suddenly, I feel a force smash into my back, causing me to fly forward and onto my face. Everything is black, but I can still hear faint a voice in the background yelling my name. It then stops, ending with a thud beside me. The last thing I hear, is a distant sounding scream from what seems to be a man? But before I can decipher who or what it was, I plunge into a complete nothingness.

AN:

Ooh...cliffhangers.

Sorry for that, but I did put a little fluff in there so don't kill me quite yet! XD

Also, I know it was a short chapter, but I was trying to get a little something in before my trip with NO WIFI!!!! *dies*

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, and expect an update, sometime later next week unless I find some time on Monday.

Thanks for reading! :)

~Ash