Part 2

"Faye said we should play," Belle says, sitting on the counter while I make her dinner. My hand holds her waist to make sure she doesn't fall, my eyes on her most of the time.

"But Faye's parents are going to conference too. Your friend isn't going to be there I don't think," I say, her head nodding.

"She said she would."

I sigh, nodding my head before lifting her into my arms.

"Is Faye your best friend?" I ask, her head nodding. She starts talking about how they play princess and eat lunch together every day.

"How fun," I grin, her head nodding.

I put her mac and cheese in a bowl and sit with her at the table, eating my own bowl of mac and cheese.

"How was Nana's? Aside from your brownie?" I ask, her lips curving.

"So fun. We went to the park and then we watched Mulan," she grins, my lips curving.

When I had realized there was a princess named Belle, I started calling her my princess. That led to her watching every single princess movie ever made and become the biggest fan of all the movies.

"That must have been a good day," I grin, her head nodding. I kiss her forehead and she finishes her dinner, her body climbing off my lap.

"Go and get your shoes on," I tell her, her head nodding.

I clean up and she comes back with her shoes on, my hands lifting her up.

"You ready?" I smile, her head of curls nodding.

I take her to the car and drive to her daycare, her hand grabbing mine as we walk into the building.

"Hi Belle," her teacher grins, Belle hugging her.

"Hi Ms. Cathy," she smiles, my eyes watching her closely.

"Faye's in the playroom with Tanner if you want to go in," she tells her, her head nodding.

"Be good, princess," I tell her, kissing her cheek before letting her go into the room.

I follow her teacher into a room, the windows open so you can see inside the playroom and somewhat outside.

"Okay, we need to discuss her reading," she says, my head nodding.

"Does your family have a history of dyslexia?" she asks, my head nodding.

"My father's side," I say, her head nodding.

"That seems to be the problem. It can be fixed but we'll need to work at it with her," she explains, my eyes flickering over to Belle. She's smiling so I know she's okay, my eyes moving back to Cathy.

"That's fine. If she needs to stay here longer, it's fine. My mum usually comes to drop her off and pick her up so if she needs to know a schedule, I can give it to her," I tell her, Cathy nodding.

"Of course."

I glance back over to Belle and see she's playing with someone's hair, my inability to see whose hair it is making me nervous.

"Your daughter, she has latched onto my teaching aid," Cathy says, my eyes moving back to her.

"She's always talking about Faye and how they play princess," I smile, not knowing anything about her teaching aid.

"Faye is my teaching aid. Belle doesn't interact much with the other kids but when she does she gets along. Most of the kids here are boys and there are three girls, by which the other two are inseparable. Belle has latched onto Faye and I'm curious to know if it's because of her...living situation."