Part 18

I've never driven so fast before in my entire life.

The drive to the station was reckless, probably could have gotten into multiple accidents but since it's late, there's barely anyone driving. My heart is beating out of my chest and I run out of my car once parked, getting into a squad car as they drive.

"Where?" I ask, freaking out.

"A woman called saying she recognized her. Someone brought her to the motel and she said she didn't know the man."

I only nod, fisting my hands and the drive continues. My breathing is fast and I only want to have her back, the car not moving fast enough. When he pulls into the motel parking lot, I frown and think of how familiar the scene is.

Willa overdosed here.

Chief walks with me into the office, asking the woman where the room is. Her skin is wrinkled and the man working with her is greasy. My hope is deflating quickly.

"2H," she says, my feet running up the stairs. I notice Jack coming and I run to the door, chief close behind.

"Harry don't do something stupid," he says, my foot kicking the door a few times before it opens. Chief holds his gun out and my eyes nearly fall out of my head. Axel shirtless, zipping his pants, stands before me and I punch him before I do anything else. I'm relentless, pounding my fists into his face. But I stop when chief handcuffs Axel, my feet rushing around to see Faye's blonde hair strewn across the bed in the back corner of the room.

I get down on my knees, her eyes closed and her body bare from the waist down. My hands pull her pants on and I lift her into my arms, her body freezing.

"Faye," I try, her breathing so slow and shallow.

"Please, Faye, I love you," I start to cry, holding her in my arms so tightly. Her eyes lightly open, looking at me before closing again. Standing, I carry her out of the room and run to the ambulance. My arms set her on the gurney and I jump in with them, grabbing her hand. An oxygen tube is placed under her nose and they run an IV, her body motionless and it's scaring me.

"Will she be okay?" I cry, not caring anymore.

"We have to see. Her body is full of heroin," a medic says, my heart breaking.

We arrive at the hospital and they take her into a room while I sit in the waiting room. My head's in my hands and I cry, thankful but so scared.

Jack joins me and I can tell he's crying too, my hands wiping my cheeks.

"Heroin," I whisper, his head turning to look at me.

"He injected heroin into her. A lethal dose," I cry, his head shaking.

"I want to kill that fucker," he says, choking up with his words.

"I was about to," I say, resting my back against the chair.

We're silent for almost an hour, waiting until we're called to see her. When we are, we walk in together and the doctor is finishing up her IV.

"She's stable. The IV is clearing out the heroin, but I don't imagine her being out for weeks on end. Maybe a few days to a week. She'll be fine, just lethargic and extremely weak. I suggest she has a caretaker 24/7," he says, my head nodding.

"I'll do it," Jack and I both say, the doctor smiling.

"Harry, mate, I'll keep her at my place. You can visit her all you want and I'll take care of Belle. Don't stress yourself out even more," Jack says, my head nodding. My eyes look at Faye and I grab her hand, holding her cold fingers lightly.