Old Friends

*Just a little Friday shortie for you guys. I hope you're enjoying it! Comments and votes are appreciated. Don't forget to follow and check out my other stories. You guys are awesome. Xxxx*

"Oh my god, Juan, it hurts," Courtney said as he held her hand, both of them waiting on their son to make his appearance.

"Baby I know, but he's comin'. I see his head," Juice said, kissing her forehead before she pushed one last time and the beautiful sound of a baby crying engrossed the room.

=================
"How is she?" Ava asked. She had came to Nebraska as soon as Juice called to let her know the baby was coming.

Juice smiled at Cadyn through the window of the nursery before looking at her," She's good. Cameron and Collin are in there now. Where are your kids at?"

Ava smiled,"Gemma is a life saver. She took them for me last minute."

Juice nodded,"How are things in Charming?"

Juice noticed Ava's hesitation but chose to ignore it instead. "Things are great. Little Harry just started walking and Mia started school. It's the same old boring life."

Ava hoped Juice hadn't noticed her obvious avoidance of any talk about the club or members of the club. That talk had to wait. Thankfully, Juice didn't push it and instead invited Ava in to hold the new baby.

================
"Well aren't you a sight for sore eyes," Ava greeted Jax before opening the door, signaling him to come in.

As he passed by her to the kitchen, he hugged her before taking a seat.

"How are you Avey?" He asked as she handed him a cup of coffee.

She nodded," I'm good. It's been almost a year. It's not any easier, but it's better."

Jax sighed,"I'm glad to hear it. I got somethin' to ask you."

Ava gave him a quizzical look before he continued,"How is Courtney?"

The eerie way he asked made Ava more than uncomfortable as his stare bore into her. Nervously laughing, Ava said,"Good, why do you ask?"

Jax shrugged,"Just wondering, haven't heard from them in a good bit. Thought I'd check in."

Ava knew of what had happened between the three before Courtney and Juice left for Nebraska, and it showed on her face as Jax chuckled.

"I know things didn't end good, but can I not check up on old friends?" Jax asked.

Ava nervously chuckled,"You can I guess."

Jax sent a smirk her way,"Take care of yourself Ava. Tell Courtney I said hello."

Ava nodded as the door shut behind Jax.