CHAPTER 3 bad dream

I woke up feeling like I got hit by a ton of bricks. My mother is screaming at me for I don't know what reason. She slaps me across the face. My cheek starts to swell and I can tast the blood in my mouth.
I start to panic, she pulls me to my feet. Her face is so close to mine I can feel her hot breath and spit on my skin. Before I can process what's going on she kicks me in the stomach and I start to scream. My lungs burn from lack of Air. Light starts to slip away and complete darkness surrounds me, but I can still feel her cold dry hands and feet punching, kicking, and clawing me.
I scream even louder. So loud I can't hear her fists make contact with my body, but now I feel warm supporting hands shaking me.
" IVY WAKE UP WAKE UP!" I hear. "Come on why won't to wake up !" Is that Grace? ..... "Dammit wake up!" I feel a pinch and I wake up. It felt like there was a snap bringing me to reality. I start to cry and grace pulls me into a hug. "What the hell?" She says " I thought something was trying to kill you!" I start to cry even harder. What she said was true but it was not something it was someone. My nose is stuffy and I can still feel where dream mom slapped my face.
I hear the door slam open. My uncle runs in.
"What's wrong ? Is everyone okay ? Why was Ivy screaming?" He asks.
"She's fine dad. I think she just had a really bad dream."
" Okay girls, try and get some sleep. You don't have to go to school tomorrow if you don't want to." He says. "Ivy and for you I want you to stay home. You need rest. So grace I need you to stay home and watch Ivy, I have work all day tomorrow. "
I feel Grace nod and the door closes. I don't think I can ever be safe from my mother. Silly me. Thinking that I could ever be truly happy.

Hey guys ik there are only a few of you but tell me what you think so far and what I can approve on and don't worry the twins will take part soon

Make sure to share the story and give me some pointers