CHAPTER 6 off the chest

I spring up out of bed trying to catch my breath, but my lungs feel as if they are swelling up. I hurry and get up with adrenaline running through my veins. I make my way to the bathroom. My breaths get shorter and faster and I start to wheeze. I swing open the medicine cabinet and throw around perscripted medicines desperately looking for my inhaler. The room starts to turn dark and grey the inhaler is nowhere to be found. I try to make my way out to Jenabeth and ask her for help but my body becomes week and my head feels light. As I reach the bedroom door every thing goes black.

*******
I see a figure standing next to me. I try to get up but it feels like I've been glued to the floor. "Gace is that you?" I say weakly. " H-help me I c-can't get up!" I panic and start to feel scared. The thing just looks at me like I'm a bug harmless and clueless. It scoffed and said " You're pathetic." and before I could react it dissappeard and everything went back to black.

******
I wake up at the bottom of the stairs with a pounding headache, a sick feeling in my stomach, and a sharp pain from my cheek bone down to my jaw.
I stand up and look out the window. The sky is a black blue, it feels comforting to me because it's closer to daytime and thay means no more bad dreams. I quietly walk up the stairs and go to use the bathroom when I walk in the whole place is a mess. What happened in here? I become confused and angry not being able to remember what happened. Nothing comes to mined. I try desperately to remember but I just can't. Giving up is never the best thing to do but I feel hopeless.
I look in the mirror and see a green black bruise exactly where I felt pain when I first woke up. Following a cut just underneath my eye on the other side of my face. Well don't I just look great.........

********
Grace pov

I wake up to the sound of somone shuffling around in the bathroom. Confused I get up and go to wake up Ivy. When I walk over to the bed she's not there. I become very nervous walking out of the room not sure of what I may walk into. I go to open the door but when I went to twist the Handle and push the door open but it swung open but I lucky caught it. It wasn't closed all the way... I wonder why? I cross the hallway making sure I don't loose my footing and fall down the stairs. When I get to the bathroom I hear raspy slow breathing. I become almost terrified but I go on and slowly open the door. Inside I see Ivy standing there hunched over the sink looking like she was about to throw up. I hurry over to her and put my hand on her back. She turns away from me and puts her back to me.
" Are you okay Ivy? Are you feeling sick?"
"Yes I'm fine I just need a little time."
"What happend why are you awake?"
"I don't know..." She sounds horribly upset.
" Ivy look at me what happened?" I ask with sympathy.
" If I turn around will you please not say anything to Patt." I nod but forget that she's turned around. "I promise." I say softly.
She turns around revealing a huge bruise on the right side of her face and a small gash under her left eye. I give a worried look and pull her into a hug. She starts to cry and I hug her even tighter. I let her go and made her sit down on the toilet. I examine her face. It makes me sad to see the dark
circles under her eyes. Her brown eyes where big and beautiful. They where a color of leather mixed with light and dark, but tonight they where dull and they looked almost distan.
" I'm going to get you an ice pack. I need you to stay here and calm down. I will be right back."

*******
Ivys pov

When Grace waked out I didn't do anything. I just sat there. I wasn't even thinking my mined was just blank.

*******
Grace pov
I decide to make some canned soup for Ivy. I've noticed she hadn't been eating much. I was only gone for five minutes but when I walked in Ivy looked one hundred times worse. She didn't even look at me when I walked in. She just sat there exactly the way she was when I left. " I made you some soup. " She just shook her head. " You need to eat. You're starving yourself." When she looked at me she looked stunned. " How did you notice?" She asked.
" I've done the same thing." Sadness washed across her face replacing the empty look.

******
Ivys pov
At that very second I couldn't take it any longer. The thing inside of me that made me keep secrets just snapped. For hours I told grace about my family and how they all treated me like dirt. How my family was abusive and how they all chipped in on making my life a living hell. I didn't tell her exactly what happend. I could never go into detail. Just by telling her why I had to move here felt so good. She looked at me and pulled me into a hug. " Don't worry Ivy you are safe now." She said.

I stayed home that Thursday. And I ate I actually ate I ate so much I could not eat any more. It felt amazing . But something was wrong. I felt it in my gut. Then it hit me

Shit. Tomorrow is Friday .