CHAPTER 9 The weekend

Grayson pov

I woke up early around 7:00am to the smell of eggs, bacon and something else I could not identify.

Suddenly I realize what if Ivy is somewhere and my family finds out ? I look around to make sure Ivy was not anywhere in the room before I left.

I walk to the door and open it as quietly as possible being careful not to wake up anybody in the house. Almost all the lights are off except one from the bathroom. I knock on the door to see who it is risking a chance it's Ivy and someone will hear.

The toilet flushes and the door handle turns. Before she can walk out I jump inside and close the door behind me.

"AHH!" someone yells
" Ethan?"
" Yeah gray it's me..." Ethan says with a not so happy tone
"Ethan I need to know where mom and dad are and is cam home ?"
" No grayson. Everyone is gone. Why do you want to know?"
" Well... remember how I told mom I was studying with a friend? "
" Yeah I do . I can't believe that she thought you were being serious." He said with a glare.
" Truth is that I was in detention." Ethan squinted at me and shook his head.
" Why would you go to detention? Why didn't you just skip like you always do ?"
" I got detention from Mrs . Anderson ... with that hot girl Ivy from across the street." Ethan shot me a glare. I don't know why but we have been drifting apart latley. Ever since I adopted my lifestyle ethan has been less patient with me.

I saw something snap in him. Instead of him running at me like I thought he would he slowly Walked up to me and poked my chest. " Grayson... don't you dare go near that girl. If you as so little touch her I will make sure you regret it ." Honestly he might ad well have punched me in the face. He opened his mouth one more time. " I am not going to let you play her and break her." With that last sentence hanging in the air he pushed pass me and left.

I sat there for a moment. Only thinking about how I would do exactly what ethan told me not what to do.

I walked down the stairs and headed to the kitchen. I saw Ivy looking still half asleep cracking and egg open. I sat on the island and watched her as she opened the fridge. When she turned around and closed the fridge she got scared and jumped.

Ivy pov

I close the fridge and turned around and see grayson sitting on the island.
"Oh my goodness!" I jumped back and hit my back on the fridge.
"HAHAHA ! Are you okay ?" Grayson laughed.
" No not really..." I said scratching my head.
" Sorry I scared you." He jumped down off the counter and walked to me. A memory from arizona triggered and paralyzed me. Grayson wasn't grayson it was my brother. He stood in front of me and put a hand on my waist.

I snapped back to reality but grayson was still standing the same way. His mouth curled into a smile. " Grayson please stop." The words barley making it past my lips. He didn't stop. Instead he put another hand on me.
"Grayson I asked you to stop." My voice cracked and shook.
" What's wrong?" He smirks " am I making you nervous?" His face is only about 2 inches away from mine. I got adrenaline and collected some courage.
" Grayson stop!" I said pushing away from him. I Heard steps down the stairs and I see his brother make his way to us. He stepped in between us and Was turned to grayson
" Grayson what the hell did I say!?" Ethan yells.
" like I'm going to listen to you!" He argues.
" Go away grayson. Just leave!" With that grayson shoved ethan. He then grabbed his jacket and left.

Ethans pov

After Gray stormed out I turned around to Ivy. She looked scared and pale.
" Thank you." She said as quiet as possible.
" Don't thank me. Did he hurt you?"
" No... he just got too close." She said. I nodded and headed upstairs. When I got to the first step I looked behind me and saw Ivy still standing there.
" Are you planning on staying?" I asked really just wondering.
" Well I'll go but I'm just locked out of my house. That's why I stayed last night."
"No no no. You can stay here I just wanted to know." She nodded but I could tell she didn't know what to do. " Here just follow me." I said " I'll let you stay in the basement it's nice down there." She followed me to the basement door and I lead her down the stairs. It was really cold so I went to the closet and grabbed some blankets and pillows for her to use. Then I showed her how to work the TV and put on Netflix.

She sat down on the couch and started to click through the movies. I was about to walk up the stairs but then I heard Ivy say something.
" umm ethan ?"
"Yeah?"
" Could you please stay down here. I umm... don't Like being alone..." She said shyly.
" Yeah sure no problem." I sat on the other side of the couch and watched her scroll through the movies.

15 minutes later...
I was about to fall asleep until Ivy sighed in frustration.
" What's wrong ?" I asked
" I don't know any of these movies and I don't know what to watch."
" Really? These are all the classics ! What movies have you watched."
" The only movie I watched was this weird Christmas movie about a train and its only because I saw it at school."
" You mean the polar express?"
" Yeah that's it." There was a moment of silence until I saw my favorite movie.
"That one I want you to watch that one!" She played the movie.

Within the first half hour she fell asleep so I was stuck watching the movie by myself. I was starting to get curious about why Ivy hasn't seen any movies. Maybe she was poor? She doesn't look poor. Well actually... she kinda does. She's not like dirty , but she looks kinda skinny and weak. Her eyes are tired too.

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in a while... I couldn't find a good place to stop so I'm just saying Yolo and ending it here also I'm going to apologize for later chapters they might be good or bad idk bc I can't think how I'm going to make this story turn out...

PS THANK YOU SO MUCH! This to the people who actually enjoy this and vote and stuff. It means a lot that you guys don't get bored of me so now imma say peace✌ and I hope you have a great day loves