Haru-Chan

"Come on out Haru-chan!" Makoto's sweet voice rang in Haru's ears.

Makoto extended his arm out so he could help Haru come out of the bathtub that he had been curently soaking in.

Haru stared at his friend and his out stretched hand and said, "I thought I told you to drop the chan."

Haru then takes Makoto's dry hand with his wet one and is pulled out by him. Makoto hands him a pale yellow towel while laughing.

"What's so funny?" Haru asks while drying his hair.

"Haru no matter how many times I say chan at the end of your name you always tell me not say it. I always forget don't I Haru-chan?" Makoto says smiling the biggest possible smile ever.

Haru looks away from Makoto. Chan is something girls usually added to the end of people's names and Haru's name was pretty girly. Even when Haru said don't add the chan to the end of his name, in all actuality he really wanted Makoto to say the chan more often. But he couldn't tell Makoto that. Haru turns back to Makoto's smiling face.

"I'm going to go cook some mackerel," Haru says to Makoto and steps outside the bathroom and puts on his blue apron. He tries to tie the strings tohis apron around his waist but has trouble.

"Haru I'll help you with that." And before Haru could object to Makoto helping him, Makoto was already there, like always. He took the strings away from Haru's hands and begans tying it around Haru's waist, occasionally touching Haru's back by accident. It sent chills to Haru.

When Makoto finished tying the string around Haru's waist he asked, "Is it to tight Haru?"

"It's perfect Makoto," Haru says stepping away from Makoto to cook his mackerel. He really wanted to replace the "It's " in his sentence to "You are."

Haru finished cooking his mackerel he put it on a large plate and sat down it down on his table. He looked up and saw Makoto. Oh... He really should share some with him.

"Do you want some mackerel Makoto?"

"Of course Haru-chan! Anything you cook it delicious!"

Haru moves to get another plate for Makoto but is stopped by a hand on his arm.

"We can share off that plate can't we? I don't want you to wash more dishes than you need to."

Haru's heart pounded. Eating from the same plate as Makoto? Eating the same food with Makoto? Haru looked at Makoto's hand and took it off of his arm. He looked at his beautiful face and noticed that is had a slight blush to it.

"Uh... Stupid idea right Haru? It's ok if you-"

"No Makoto it is fine. I don't mind at all." Now his face had a slight blush to it. It was silence for a few moments. Haru was staring at the ground and Makoto was staring at Haru with a smile. The blush still on his face. This made Haru blush even more. Realizing this Haru turns away and gets makoto some utensils so that he can eat the mackerel with him.

Makoto also stepping out of daze sat down beside the mackerel and crossing his legs under the kotatsu table.

Haru sat down beside him and with the kotatsu table being so small he was really close to Makoto. Their shoulders were touching.

They ate the mackerel in silence and Haru slipped off his apron and went to change into his school clothes. He still had his swimsuit on from his previous soak in the tub.

Haru didn't exactly changed because he came out less than a minute later. Makoto knew that Haru always wore one of his swim suit under all his clothes. Haru could never go anywhere before he started stripping down for water.

If only Haru would do that to...

Makoto shook his head and smiled at Haru. They both left the apartment and was walking along their usual route to school. With Makoto being much taller than Haruka, he could walk faster. To keep the same pace he always walked extra slow. But this time Haru walked even slower today. So Makoto was placing his foot in front of the other practically every ten seconds.

"Is something wrong Haru-chan?" Makoto asked stopping.

Haru who didn't stop kept walking and walking. Makoto starting to walk again to his normal pace to Haru. He stopped him and asked him the same question from before.

"Ummm Makoto," Haru started, "Uhhh is there any one you like?"

Haru looked up to Makoto for a response. Both his face and Makoto's were bright red.

"Stupid question never-"

"No not at all Haru-chan!" Makoto said smiling brightly.

"Did you forget to drop the chan again?" Haru said narrowing his eyes but that didn't take away his blush. In fact it made him blush even more.

They started walking together again at their normal pace. After a few seconds Makoto starts talking.

"There is this one person I really like. They are really sweet and they can cook really well too. They also don't smile often but when they do it is like seeing something so precious and rare that you want to see it for forever and forever. They have the cutest laugh too. This person cares a lot about me and always protected me when I was scared. I really- no, I think I love this person."

Haru stops in his tracks and stares at Makoto's back as he walks a few more steps. Then Makoto turns around realizing that Haru had stopped walking.

"Haru?" Makoto smilie fades and it is replace by worry. "What is wrong?"

"That person... They sure are lucky that they have some one like you to love them. Do they love you back?" Haru says fast. He doesn't look at Makoto when he says this. Instead he turns his head to his shoes. One is untied.

Makoto looking down also notices this. Before Haru could say anything Makoto was already tying his untied shoe.

"Makoto I am not a kid. I can tie my own shoes you know," Haru puffs looking down on Makoto.

"I know Haru but doing these simple things make me happy," Makoto replies finishing the perfect set of bunny ears on Haru's shoe. Makoto stands up and faces Haru.

"Thank you," Haru says quietly.

Makoto walks closer to Haru and hugs him.

"Mako-" Haru shouts but is cut off by Makoto.

"Like you said the person I love is lucky but I also think I am lucky to love this person as well," Makoto whispers this into Haru's ear. His lips brushing the outside of it.

"Do they love me back? I hope so but it really isn't up to me. It is up to you."

You. Makoto said you...

"Ahh Makoto," Haru says pushing Makoto away, "You said 'you.' Don't you mean her? It is up to her whether she loves you or-"

"No Haru-chan I didn't make a mistake. I meant to say you!" Makoto smiles. His face is bright red.

Haru looks at Makoto not believing this. Huh... Makoto loved him and Haru did love him back but he just couldn't bring himself to say it.

"Makoto..." Haru smiles. He tries to make it extra beautiful because of what Makoto had said about it. Tears start in Haru's eyes from happiness.

"Haruka you feel the same way right? That's why you are smiling."

Haruka smile just shone brighter and Makoto took it as a yes.

They walked to school hand in hand. However since that little confession took place they both ended up being forty minutes late to class. It didn't matter because they were already late to begin with when they left Haru's house.

They really didn't care if they were late or not when they sat in the back of the classroom in two their regular seats.

Makoto looks over to Haru. To Makoto's suprise, Haru had already been staring at him. Haru smiles slightly and faces towards the front. Makoto smiles and then does the same.