Chapter 4 Bargaining

•Amy Rose•

I don't think Sonic realized what I had said, he turned to Silver and punched him one more time.

"That's my brother, Sonic! Get off!" I demanded and shoved Sonic away. "Silver? Are you okay?" I asked and sat him up. "Yeah, I'm fine, Amy. I just...*cough* hadn't had a good fight in a few years."

I glared at Sonic angrily. "A-Amy...I-I just thought he was...I just wanted you to love me again." He tried to get close to me but I hissed and pulled Silver closer. "Get out, Sonic. Just go." I said and turned my head back to Silver. Sonic must've left immediately because the next time I looked up he was gone.

"I'm fine, Amy. You need to talk to him." Silver told me. I shook my head and picked him up. "Come on...I think a couple ribs are broken." I called 911 and soon Silver was in an ambulance.

"What did I miss?" I turned around and saw Rouge, wide eyed. I told her about how Sonic best up my brother and Rouge growled angrily. "Great! He's ruining everyone's lives!" She said and looked around to see if she could find him in the crowd the fight had formed.

"Hey Rouge, I'm going to go to the hospital for Silver. I'll see you around. I gave Rouge a hug and then left for the hospital.

***
I sat beside my brother and held his hand as we talked. "I'm so sorry, Silver. If I had known Sonic would do this..." Silver grinned and chuckled. "Sonic? That's his name? Well, he's a good fighter, I'll give him that." He said and stared at the ceiling.

"You aren't mad at him" I asked Silver. "Me, mad? No, not mad at all. Even though I'm here...it was fun." He smiled and turned over to me. "I'm just worried about how ablaze will act. She literally told me to not get into fights."

I stayed quiet and stared at the floor. "So...tell me everything again. Why his he the worst guy in the world right now?" Silver asked me. I told him about the last two days and Silver listened to every word.

"I think you should forgive him." Silver said and tried to sit up. "Forgive him? He put you in the hospital! He's been a jerk to me for years! How can I just drop everything and go running into his arms?"

Silver shrugged his shoulders. "Remember how I wanted to be a wrestler? Blaze didn't like seeing me fight like that. But I kept doing it. I ended up getting hurt and I couldn't wrestle again. Blaze forgave me for not listening to her."

"This is different. You didn't cheat on Blaze."

"He didn't cheat on you. He was giving that girl money."

"So he says! I don't want to have my heart broken again. Unless I see some real proof that Sonic loves me-"

The door opened and a nurse walked in. "Silver, you have a visitor." I growled as Sonic walked in holding three flower bunches.

"I'm sorry for cracking your ribs." Sonic said and handed Silver one of three flowers. Then he handed me two. "Amy, I'm really sorry. Please take these. I've put you through a lot. I know you won't love me as much as I love you right now. But can we at least be friends?"

My eyebrow twitched. I looked at Silver then back to Sonic. "Sonic...I don't think-"

"Wait! I-I made you this!" Sonic pulled out a small keychain with a rose red heart on it. "I-I can make something different if you don't like it. I can go out and buy you something or-or I could..." Sonic shut himself up and stared at his feet.

"I'll think about it, Sonic." I sighed and turned back to my brother. Silver smiled at Sonic. "You put up a good fight. If I hadn't already been injured I would've been better." Silver grinned. Sonic stared at him, dumbfounded, and then guilt washed over his face. "Don't look so glum. I'm fine, a few cracked ribs isn't anything to me. I've had worse happen in the ring."