Chapter 6.

"I mean how dare he just stand there and come out with that.!" An angry leah was stomping about as I was recapping what exactly had just happened.

::recap::

"Happy birthday" he said as he stuck out his arm to show he had a little parcel wrapped up with my Name on it. "I thought you might like it" he said shyly. The first few words he had spoken to me in over a month after nearly 5 years. I mean, they could have been a lot worse.

"She doesn't want it" Jake informed him rudely and I jumped down off the bonnet.

"Thankyou" I said as bravely as I could as I wrested a hand on Jakes shoulder, and looked Embry In the eye. He had sorrow draining out of him as he looked at me and guilt oozed through his brown russet eyes as he still had his hand stuck out. "Why though?" I inquired and he looked at me for a second before thinking about his answer.

"I saw it and thought of you" he told me and I smiled gently then remembered what Paul had said. He had someone new and I was old news. Nothing more nothing less. "Please just take it Jay" he begged and I looked behind him to Paul who had his eyes glued on me as if he could hear everything. I heard a slight cough and came back into reality and reached for Embrys hand. "It's from mum too" he informed me and I smiled thinking of His dear mother.

"Thankyou and thank her" I said and he gave the group one faint smile before returning to Paul who was now joined by Jared and Jared girlfriend Kim.

"What is it?" Seth asked intrigued and I peered into the little bag only to find two small earrings in the pattern of a Dream catcher. I smiled remembering the day we were stood outside the tattoo Parlour promising that one day we would both have the same tattoo.
"They're pretty!" Seth said as he peered over my shoulder and I smiled then looked back up to see if Embry was watching, which he was with a big smile on his face showing that he was pleased with the fact I liked my present. I then scanned across to Jared who had his eyes glued on me and Paul who was looking at the ground.

"How dare he though!" Leah finally burst. "I mean how dare he just stand there and come out with that.!" An angry leah was stomping about as I was recapping what exactly had just happened.

"It was a nice thought Leah!" Quil tried to justify Embrys actions although we all know he was most effect out of the friends as they had grown up together and were practically brothers, so to have that sort of relationship just come to a stop and for them to not talk hit home real hard for Quil.

"Yeah a nice thought that basically screamS I'll see how long I can lead her on for!' leah said angrily but I decided not to make anything of it, after all it was my birthday and I wasn't going to let anything ruin it now I realised they had got something planned.

"So where to?" I asked excitedly and Jake wrapped an arm around me.

"Home" he stated "dad wants to see you" he told me and I smiled because I hadn't seen my dad in three days since he went on the fishing trip with Charlie.

"Ok!" I smiled and waved goodbye to the others as I jumped in the mustang.

"I'll see you later!" I heard Seth announce but was smacked over the head by Leah which quickly made him shut his mouth as he realised he had basically let the cat out of the bag, only I pretended not to notice for the sake of the 'surprise' that I imagined they had in store for me.

We pulled up to the Res and I jumped out and grappled my bag. I looked into the porch to find daddy fast asleep with his hat tilted over his head and his cup of tea resting on his lap. Typical old man.

"I'll let him sleep because I really need to shower" I told Jake who had his head stuck in the refrigerator at this current point in time. He mumbled something through the stacks of food he had piled in his mouth which I made out to be 'don't take too long!' Or something so I decided to skip the whole shaving and etc and just wash my hair.