Chapter 5.

"Girls love gossip"

"I'm sure not every girl Iike's gossip"

"Huh, you don't want to hear about it? You've looked curious the whole time"

"No, I haven't ..!"

"Fine." He sat down on the bed with a thud. "She is not my real mother"

"Ah.."

"She is not my mother on the family records either"

"What?"

"I'm the child of a mistress, she is my fathers legal wife, Allison Baham" Xavier started telling me the story with a self-deprecating smile on his face.

It was one small piece of the larger burden that he seemed to be carrying.

"My father is Alex Baham, you know who he is right?"

"Ah, he is regarded as a prospective candidate for the prime minister!"

"Yes.. The lady you met is his legal wife and his mistress.. Is my mother, the Baham family is trying to field a candidate in the next election, but their son is dumb and he is useless, then they started using it on me"

"You are going to be a politician.."

"No way! I don't want to be a politician but Baham is persistent, so, then he tries to force me to marry for political reasons.. So that I wouldn't be able to escape"

"That's why you offered me the contract marriage.."

"Yes.." Xavier is the son and heir of Baham..

"That woman came here to force me into being a successor under Bahams thumb, however, she honestly wants her own son to be a successor, I thought things could be settled peacefully if I married somebody who has nothing to do with Baham, but... It doesn't seem like that is going to work out as I'd hoped, it's a possibility that they will try to do something to you"

"To me..?"

"I'm a major annoyance to her, she will do everything she can in order to make me disappear"

"Disappear? That's.."

"Uh huh.. If she had a chance, she would kill me, then, her son will be the successor"

"That's awful.."

"I'm only a nuisance to her.. I'm the son of a woman with whom her husband had an affair"

"But, you are also the son of a man she loves.."

"Those are pretty words.." For a moment, something similar to his earlier rage returned to engulf Xavier.

Does he.. Hate the lady and Baham..?

"Anyway, I need you to cooperate with me for the next 3 months"

"What exactly should I do?"

"You have to show everybody that you are my wife.. Show them that you absolutely love me, make everybody get the idea that Xavier Arima loves you and is head over heels about you"

"Head over heels for me.."

"I have things to take care of while they believe this" Oh my.. he flashes those murderous eyes once again.

I understood that he was planning something, but at the same time, his eyes looked so sad, what is it he is holding on to? No no, I don't need to get further into his situation, we just have a contractual relationship.

"I'm going to a party for Arima Promotions this weekend.. You're coming with me"

"A party.."

"Prepare a dress too, I will introduce you to everyone there"

"What should I do there?"

"All you have to do is smile and talk to people, like when you came to my bar to get a job, you can that, right?"

"Yes"

"That's all I have to tell you, you don't have to spend time with me unless I need you" Saying that, Xavier started to leave the room.

"Hey.."

".. What?"

"Would you do me a favor?"

"You have a favor to ask? Of me? You think your position allows you to do that?"

"It's not a big thing! I just want you to.. Stop kissing and doing other things like that in front of people"

".. Hm" He briskly walked toward me, reflexively taking a step back, I suddenly found myself pressed up against the wall.

"You have some nerve saying that kind of thing to me"

"It's embarrassing.."

"You are not my type, but I do find your embarrassment and how you shy away from me rather attractive"

"Don't tease me!"

"You get serious like that and blush so quickly, you are like a child"

"Hey..!"

"If I take off your clothes, will your body also turn bright red?" Xavier whispered with his lips almost touching mine, he strokes my neck with his finger.

"Anyway, I reject your request, if you stop being embarrassed, I will stop doing it" Xavier left the room, I sat down on the floor where I was standing.

So many things have taken place today.. I wonder if I can really live here properly even though it's just for 3 months.. I started to go to work from Arima's house.

"Have a great day, Ms. Emily" The men smiled.

"Thank you..." Everybody is really polite but the atmosphere feels a little rough..

Will a day come when I will be used to being seen off like this? Even though I felt a little nervous, I started walking, huh..? I could feel somebody was watching me. I looked over my shoulder, but nobody was there, it is my imagination?