Chapter 6.

It was a few days after beginning to live at Xavier's place and I was at the party hosted by Arima promotions.

"Wow, some people actually have these kind of parties as a normal part of their lives.."

"Today is a wine tasting party, we have gathered wines from several countries, talk to people as it would be appropriate, for Arima's wife to do"

"Yes" I looked around the party room, there were many well-dressed ladies.

Unconsciously, I looked down at myself.

"Xavier do I look okay in this outfit?"

"Huh?"

"Do I look nice in this dress?"

"Do you have a complaint about what I chose?"

"Other ladies look very flashy.."

"You don't understand anything" Xavier sighed elaborately, he looked completely fed up with me. "You probably won't understand even if I tell you, but.. That dress cost us about $100,000"

"$100,000!"

"We can just sell it afterwards" I resolved to move more carefully realizing the dress cost one fifth of my debt.

I would have to be careful not to stain it.

"In addition, you are my wife"

"Oh.. Yes.."

"So you don't need to wear a frivolous dress like the other girls, work hard to look good in this dress"

"Okay..." A gorgeous party and an expensive dress, this is a world which I have never been a part of before.

Hm..

"Xavier!!" Letting out a small sigh, I noticed some men approaching Xavier.

"Dan! I'm glad you came"

"Yes.. I had some free time, is she your marriage partner?" The businesslike men with whom Xavier spoke amicably, looked at me.

"Yes, this is Emily"

"N-nice to meet you.. M-my husband has told me so much about you"

"Nice to meet you too, I'm Dan Watson" He was wearing a well-tailored suit and looked very serious. "You never told me about this pretty lady"

"I didn't want you to steal her"

"Don't say that.. Whatever you say, you're the one who always steals girls? Aren't you?"

"Look who's talking" They were talking amicably and seemed to get along well, Xavier looked really relaxed.

"Please introduce me to her, Xavier" Asked a man standing beside Dan, he was also wearing a suit but he gave off a vibe that seemed much different from Dans.

His suit was very fashionable and it looked great on him, his aura was strikingly pleasant.

"Sure.. Emily, you must know who this is, don't you?"

"Huh?" Have I met him before? Staring at his face, I tried to remember.

"Oh? You don't recognize me? I have to work harder then, I'm on a TV and in the magazines a lot or so I thought"

"Ah!" When I heard that, his name finally popped into my head.

"By any chance, are you the actor Tom!?" I was so surprised, I ended up calling by his first name. "O-oh I'm sorry"

"No worries! Nice to meet you, Emily"

"We knew each other before he hit it big, he still comes to see me at the bar often" Xavier smiles.