Chapter 25 Fallen

Author's note:

Dear Wonderful, amazing readers! I thank you for reading and supporting me.I do sincerely apologise for the overlong due update. I was busy with exams. I'll try to update more frequently. I do hope you enjoy the next chapter I'm posting. And please do comment. I love hearing your thoughts and opinions. 

xoxo

The _Billionaire_Dancer

Chapter 25

Storm's pov

The next morning I woke up gritting my teeth from the pain that burned my body. I very sceptically and uncertainly put my hand to gingerly touch my body and I felt large welts. Walking to the mirror slowly and as carefully as possible, I lift up my shirt and welcome the sight of thick large still red black bluish purple welts that marred what was once a flawless skin. Bearing the physical pain was easier than emotional pain. It gave me the clarity I needed and was a reminder to take control of the mess of my life.

Great! Just great! I shout to myself out of frustration when I realise how long it's going to take me to get ready for work considering my bruises and swollen body. Knowing that I have to suck it up, I take a deep breath in, ignore the pain and get ready as fast as I can. When I get out the shower, Enrique is waiting in my room with a bottle of salve and the first aid kit. Once I rub the salve, I wrap the bandage around my stomach and wherever else was bruised with cuts. I throw on a loose fit pink dress with a black blazer and heel pumps.

The day at the office is busy with meetings and briefings. The day goes by quickly but luckily I called Demetri earlier and told him to be expecting me again tonight. I needed to feel pain because pain demanded to be felt-it was a distraction. Feeling pain could never equate to emotional or mental pain but you focused so much on the physical pain that the emotional or mental pain didn't seem as much of a big deal. It made you want to be strong. The clique had still been calling but I was not ready to face any of them. I never wanted anyone to see me in that state and now they would pity me and I didn't want nor need their pity.

Demetri's pov

Every night since the first, Storm has been here every night to be whipped and caned. But apart from the beatings, we've been spending a lot of time together this week. On the third night, I couldn't handle it. She broke down afterwards and told me everything that happened. I felt my heart break after she told me. Lord knows how I would give my life for her or take her place. I wish there was something I could've done to take away all her pain but all I can do is be the friend she needs right now and support her as best as I can. No one deserves to go through what she did. If I could I would take her pain and make it mine, protect her from harm's way and shelter her through every storm.

I knew she was in pain and even though I told her not to go to work or strain herself, the goddamn woman doesn't listen. But I can understand also, it's how she deals with things. Keeping busy would avoid her from thinking about what has happened. And she needs to keep her mind busy. Today was Thursday and she wanted to go dance at the club tonight. Even though I refused her, she won't listen to me.

I admire her strength and determination. The way she masks her pain is remarkable and I don't want her to further injure her body but when she's made up her mind, no one can change it. No matter what I or Enrique say, she is adamant and doesn't want her friends to feel sorry for her. She's going to pretend that everything is okay but I know inside she's building like a volcano that when it erupts, will destroy everything in its path and eventually destroy her not caring about the damage it will unleash and how it will affect everyone else.

We were in Storm's studio at the club and I watched her get ready. She asked me to dance with her tonight. I knew she danced with Alex but I didn't question her. After asking if she was sure and okay to do this, I relented knowing that I would regret it afterward. And I knew that I should've not let her do this. I watched her mask her pain and dance as though her body was not on fire from the welts and bruises. But afterwards when we were done, I jumped off immediately needing to use the toilet. When I get back I see her on the floor and the clique are there. She stares at me and tries to speak but I manage to capture the faint whisper of Enrique's name before she succumbed to the arms of darkness. The clique stares on in shock. "What the fuck are you all staring at?! Get Enrique NOW!" I shout for him immediately and he comes. I gather her in my arms and rush out to the car and we speed off to the hospital as I chanted just one mantra...please be okay. Stay with me storm.