Chapter 32 Cul-De-Sac

Hell! Even I'm shocked.I'm completely stunned. At a loss for words. What do I say to him? He knows me like the back of my hand. Shit! How the fuck do I get out of this? Knowing James there's no way he will let me get out of not explaining this to him. Resignedly, I let out the breath I was holding that sounded like a heavy sigh.

"Storm! WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON? ANSWER ME RIGHT NOW!" He's furious. I'm even scared of him. I've seen him angry but this? This was just a whole new level. He's now in front me, hands on my arms, shaking me. "WHAT THE GODDAMN FUCKING HELL HAVE YOU DONE TO YOURSELF?!" I can't answer him. I can't even look at him. Thank goodness for the soundproof room. At least the others won't hear him shouting although I don't trust that even the soundproof room could keep his shouting a secret. That's how loud he was.

I open my mouth to say something but there are no words coming. Not even a pipsqueak. He pushes my chin up to look into his eyes but my lord am I so exhausted. I see him staring at me but he's like a light dancing in my eyes...My eyes are closing. "Storm stay with me! Come on baby don't close your eyes. I'm right here." J-J-James don't tell please..it comes out barely a whisper leaving me wondering if he even heard it. Next thing I know, my legs are off the ground and he's carrying me to the tub. He strips me and places me in the bath. I look at him and he's soaked in my blood. Red, red, red everywhere. "stay awake baby...don't sleep on me okay? I'm gonna give you a bath now alright?" I nod at him quietly.

His hands wash my body with such tenderness and gentle love. I can see the tears stream down his face and James isn't one to cry easily. The man's emotions are very much hidden and hard to extract. Slowly, I reach my hands out to his face and wipe away his tears...Looking into his eyes, mine matching his, now brimming with a full set of their own tears ready to set loose. Don't cry, I say to him softly. I'll tell you. Get in, I say to him quietly. You need to wash up too. So he strips quickly, gets into the shower I had turned on...Sleep pulling me in, my eyes close. James finishes up quickly, wiping himself and putting on a robe, comes back into the bathroom and picks me up and takes me to bed.

He gently wipes my body and his face is horrifying as he sees the extent of the lashes. His face shows an array of emotions that flash as fast as lightning. When he's done, he grabs the first aid kit and begins cleaning and dressing the wounds. I have to grit my teeth and fist the sheets tightly as I wince in pain. Finally done applying ointment, he begins wrapping my body with bandages. He gets a long shirt from my closet and puts it on me. Then he picks me up again and places me in bed under the blankets. Satisfied that I'm well covered, he brings my food over and begins to feed me slowly.

After a few bites, I'm full. Pushing the spoon away, he takes the plate and places it on the tray. When he sits down on the bed again, I begin to tell him everything. That's why there's so many pregnancy tests...I'm probably overreacting. The nausea is a side-effect of the medication. And these past recent events have been emotionally draining. "Maybe you are, maybe you aren't. But just to be on the safe side, maybe you should take them and have Dr. Morellini check it out too. You need rest. Let's sort this out tomorrow." Alright..I will...I'm just not sure whether I'll be able to handle the outcome, I say to him with uncertainty. "Whatever it is, we'll handle it together", he says reassuringly with a tight smile, squeezing my hand just as tightly". Climbing into bed next to me, he holds me against him and like that I drift off into a nightmare.

Following morning

I wake up to a snoring James and the feeling of last night's dinner coming up. Lurching out of bed, I run to the bathroom. After emptying my stomachs contents, I decide to wash up. Avoiding the mirror, I begin to brush my teeth. I couldn't bring myself to see the condition I'm in. Hearing knocking, I finish up and walk out when I see James is already up and opens the door. Standing in the doorway, is none other than Christian Gabriel. His expression portrays an array of emotions. "I didn't know you had company." "To what do we owe this annoying, ceaseless knocking to?" , inquires James with an equally annoyed expression. "Uh...Well...Michael's mom said to call you down for breakfast. This explains why you weren't in your room, when the twins went to call you." "I'm not obliged to stay in my room every night." We'll be down in a few, I say to him quickly before this goes further. James can get cranky in the mornings. If that's all then, I point to the corridor and close the door.