Chapter One: Understand

Zoe's POV:

It's Monday morning and I'm no where near ready for my weekend to be over when I hear Mom knocking on my bedroom door.

"Zoe, wake up."she said opening my door and stepping in, not caring about how loud she is.

"Mom, it's way too early for school. I hate the morning time, it's disgusting."I told her flipping the blanket over my body and placing my legs on the side of the bed. I slip on my bunny slippers and walk over to my dresser.

"Ugh, you're such a drama queen, Zoe. Come on, I have to drop you off at school in a few, then to head to work. Hustle up, or we'll both be late."she says to me playfully as I walk over to my dresser and pull out a simple outfit, ready for this dastard Monday morning to be over.

I hear the shower start running in Mom's room and then head into my bathroom. I turn on the hot water and slip off my clothes, step inside the shower and enjoy the warm water.

When I get out of the shower, I dry off my hair and body and walk into my bedroom. I put on my underwear and bra, then put on my favorite pair of ripped jeans and a white t-shirt. I walk into the bathroom and look through my jewelry box to find my diamond bow earrings Mom got me for Christmas, I put them on and get started on my hair. I turned on the blow dryer and comb through, after I'm finished, I do a fish-tail braid to the side of my head.

"Almost ready?"Mom asks as I'm putting on my UGG's.

"Yeah, Mom."I said standing up in front of the mirror ready to start applying eyeliner and mascara.

When I'm finished, I walk into the kitchen, I open up the fridge and grab the orange juice. In the middle of drinking the juice, Mom comes in and turns on the coffee pot.

"Why don't you ever make food to eat in the morning?"she asks taking out the cream and sugar.

"I don't have time, and it's too much work."I say with a laugh, which causes her to grin.

"Tell me about it."she says stirring up her coffee.

"How long are you supposed to work today?"I asked her casually.

"Just until two o'clock, I should be here when you get home after school."she said picking up her purse off the couch.

"Ok, Mom."I said, and I went to my room and picked up my Isabella Parka, put on my beanie, and then my Toast Rosaleen mittens I bought online. I walked back out to find Mom putting her coat on and grabbing her keys.

"Ready?"she asks me with a smile.

"Ready."I say back with a grin.

Mom and I both walk downstairs to the garage and get into her work car, it's cold outside and I seriously just want to get back into my bed. But once we get into the car, Mom assures me that today will be a good day, but I still want nothing to do with the hell-hole called school.

When Mom pulls up to school, she kisses me on the cheek, and as usual, every kid is fascinated to see her because she's a cop.

"I'll walk home with Lucy, Mom."I tell her, ready to close the car door.

"Ok, like I said, I'll be there when you get home. We can do something fun after you get out."she said to me with a smirk, which usually means we're either going out to eat, or we're going to go to the mall.

"I'll be home around 2:45"I say, then close the car door. Mom drives away, I skip up the steps to the school and walk through the double doors.

I walk over to my locker and put in the combination, then take out all my books and supplies for first period and shut it.