Chapter 8

Landon's POV:

I felt guilty because I haven't seen Mavis in what feels like forever because all of my time has been spent with Harry; but now that she had her own boy toy she became just as busy. It was Saturday morning and i had no homework and of course no plans, so i sent her a quick text.

Landon: aye fag rag you should come over

Mavis: doode you just woke me up. fuck you.

Landon: don't care but seriously i'm bored

Mavis: sounds like a personal problem....

Landon: dooooodddddeeee

Mavis: sounds like you have a lot of whine, I'll bring some cheese over too

10 minutes rolled by, and Mavis was pulling up in my driveway. I had the door open before she could even close her car door.

"BITCH!!" I yelled, throwing my arms up in the air, waiting for a hug.

"FAGGOTTTT!" She yelled back.

We probably woke everyone up by now, but honestly, yolo. She locked her car door and made her way up to my house, throwing herself into my arms. My dad left early this morning leaving the house to us, not that we do much because rest of the morning was basically spent on watching re-runs of American Horror Story while eating all of my food. When I looked at the clock it read 2:16, I've had a very successful day if i do say so myself. Mavis' phone vibrated indicating she had a text and it wasn't long before she piped up:

"Apparently someone is throwing a party tonight," she said, placing her phone down and looking at me.

"Good for them," i mumbled, not interested.

"Oh come on Landon! We should go,"

"Mavis i'm not into in that kind of stuff,"

"Landon when you get old and all wrinkly, and your grandchildren ask you all about your high school days, what are you going to tell them?" she asked.

"I'll tell them that i made sure to stay away from crazy blondes who tried dragging me to parties," i replied sarcastically but low key serious.

"What if we went for an hour tops?" she pleaded, giving me her puppy dog eyes.

"Fine!" she squealed, "but only an hour," i said, giving her a stern look and she replied with a smile.

Mavis soon got another text telling her the party started at 8. I guess people like to go ahead and start early? We had a while so we just continued to watch TV but my mind was distracted by different scenarios that continued to pop into my head. What if some asshole drugs my drink, and i get raped. Or what if someone walks in on me using the bathroom. Or someone is deep throating a banana and chokes and dies on me. All these thoughts kept swimming throughout my mind but one thought was not so random. Will Harry will be there? He doesn't seem the the party type, though he looks like one but then again neither do i. I haven't talked to him since last night so I guess this would be a good conversation starter..

Landon: hey Bambi apparently there's a party tonight, and Mavis is making me go. Are you going tonight?

He responded almost immediately

Bambi: I wasn't planning on it...but since you're going i'll go.

My face formed into a huge smile.

Landon: see you there :)

It was now 5:12 and I was still in my pajamas. I poked Mavis' face to get her attention and pointed to the time. She jumped off the couch and the last thing she told me, after saying she'd pick me up close to 8, she said was: