Chapter 10: Hospital

Oh Sehun:

" AGHHH! " I cried out as I stretched out the muscles in my arms. After sitting still for two hours, my body felt like hardened caramel.

Since the booking of the plane seats were last minute, Lee wasn't able to book first class.

Commoner seats really do suck, it makes me pity them. I thought.

But my mind trailed off to D.O and Saeyoon. Those two seemed perfectly fine.. And Saeyoon always went by first class. I shook off that thought. Saeyoon's too nice and D.O's a commoner.

I spot D.O drawing closer to us.. with with three bubble teas in hand, surprisingly.
I hadn't expected him to get one for me. Saeyoon lips pulled up a little in gratitude, but quickly returned to a serious expression. She had been like that the whole time and it bothered me to see her this way.

D.O handed me the cocoa flavoured one. I grudgingly take it and nod in thanks. It just happened to be my favourite flavour...

We wait for the car to arrive while resting on the benches. I rest my arm on the back of the bench, behind where Saeyoon is sitting. D.O casts me a look of annoyance. " The car's here. "

Saeyoon slides into the front, leaving us together. Again. I can't even talk to her because of the divider between the seats..!

* * *

We finally arrive at the hospital, but along the way, I had noticed D.O fidgeting non stop. It was annoying, but I was the one who told him not to talk to me.. Shaking my thoughts from my head, I concentrated on the building in front of me. It was shiny*ee and new, one of those hospitals that got big sponsors from companies like my father's.

Entering the building, the scent of disinfectant immediately hits me. I cringe and cover my nose with my palm.

It always bothered me. This scent. I didn't know why back then, and I still don't know.

Despite the busy atmosphere with humans plaguing the area, Saeyoon rushes up to the front counter, breathless yet relieved.

I made a note to myself to buy her some warm soup afterwards.

" Hello. I'm here as Madame Choi Yongran's guardian. My name is Seong Saeyoon."
May I see her? "

"Ah... I'm sorry but you cannot see Mrs. Choi right now.. She's undergoing heart
surgery. " The lady said apologetically.

Saeyoon's shoulders slumped. "!.. When can we see her? "

"She will be transferred back to Yangdong hospital in a week or two, if all goes as planned. You can see her then."

"Hey. We just came here by plane and you're saying we have to wait two weeks?" I demanded.

" I'm sorry.. I'm not in any position to change this." The  receptionist refused perplexedly.

"...let's go." D.O takes Saeyoon by the arm and heads out.

* * *

I follow in their stead, annoyed at the result. I open my mouth to try and convince the two to try again, but I halt when I see Saeyoon, her fists squeezed shut and trembling.

" excuse me.. I'll be back." She says before disappearing.

Kyungsoo and I exchange looks of concern. There isn't anything I can do.. I thought, taking a seat on a bench. I squint hastefully at the sun, seeming to sneer at us with the good weather.

I observe the ordinary sight.. Kids running around, chasing each other with sticky fingers. Parents chit chattering away and gossiping about other adults. And then there's us.

Kyungsoo speaks up, " we really do suck. "

I am about to protest, but instead, grunt in agreement.

We sit in silence until my stomach gurgles, breaking the silence.

I look away, embarrassed. " I'm good. Still have lots of fuel left. " I protest, trying to back myself up. Kyungsoo's serious expression moulds into a small smirk as he tosses me a wrapped snack.

Maybe he isn't so bad. After all he gives me food. I think to myself