Chapter 5: Its on...

D.O:
Little flickers of light flipped on, in the long grasses of the meadow. Fireflies happy buzzed around our noses and Sehun stared at them in curiosity, trapping one in his palms.

I decided to pipe in causally, "it's getting dark now." I said, disturbing his playtime with the fireflies.

It was awkward without Saeyoon, who we'd walked home with.. Even with her there, our only conversation was shooting death glares at each other along the way, with her leading the chat. I felt annoyed with him even more than I had earlier today. I had hoped to ask Saeyoon about how she felt about... Us. But then this ignorant person appeared out of nowhere, interrupting our reunion.

"Hyung. " Differing to his previous, light and bubbly voice, Sehun's voice was serious and deeper.

I focused my eyes on him as he continued on, "...I want you to know that I'm serious about Saeyoon. I know you have the edge of knowing her for so many years, but I've seen every side of her.. That even you don't know about. That's what's going to push me over the boundaries and catch her heart."

Staring at him in quiet shock, bewildered thoughts ran through my mind. What does he mean 'seen every side of her.' I swallowed the saliva in my mouth and started speaking,

"I've got no idea what you're talking about. I've known her for so long. What the hell do you mean by that."

Sehun's face flinched in surprise at my change of tone in my voice, which I myself was silently, pleasantly, surprised at. His facial features relaxed once again as he snickered. "I'm sorry dear hyung, by that info is personal to people who're close to Sae~"

"Wha-"

"I'm not joking. If you really want to know. Ask Saeyoon but it'll be really hard to get her to open up. I can't believe it. Do you really not notice the change in her?! Don't you see-?!" He faltered then cut off his sentence, the facial features on his face hard, with not explicit signs of emotion. He really is serious about her..

"And as I was saying," he muttered, regaining his cool, "This is why I have an edge. "

"Just cut to the chase." I said directly, stoping on the road.

"Geez," Sehun stared baffled, trying to hide his embarrassment, he continued on. "I will acknowledge you as my rival, only if you acknowledge me as yours. And we fight fairly, no sneaky tricks."

I heaved a sigh and bent down, plucking at the weeds of grass. "Fine. But," I braced myself for a bucket of embarrassment, "how did you know I had feelings for her?"

Sehun snorted. "I like Saeyoon and all but she's one dense girl on the topic of love. I'm not like her. Seriously, dude, the way you look at her makes me feel like throwing up. You're so lovesick even a mad dog could tell you wanted her more than the entire universe."

A deep blush starts at the nape of my neck as I grumble, "well at least she takes me seriously." I said, raising my eyebrows at him.

"Wha?! You don't-"

"Please shut up, we're here now. Save your breath for hauling all your suitcases out of the truck." I said, pointing at the large automobile planted in front of my house. What does the kid need to bring so badly that he needs a ginormous truck for it.

Huffing, Sehun spat out, "Don't think I'm all talk, you better watch your back, or the girl you've silently watched over these years.. Will be gone right before your eyes. "

"Yeah yeah. I jogged towards the truck, lightly dismissing his remark with the wave of my hand.

"You-!"
~
~
~

Author's Note: ❤️💛💚💙💜
I'm really sorry about my stupidly slow updates. ㅠㅠ I blame my inability to plan things well. Thanks to all of you who are reading this fanfic and have stuck through this mess. Haha 안녕~~ Byeee~~

p.s There may have be a confusion! I deleted the previous "Chapter 5 " because I realized I made a mistake... Hahaha.. Sorry.