Epilogue

I gave up on the sequel, basically. If you want to know the whole story, it's still up, but I'm deleting the book entirely next week.

Enjoy

---

"Mommy?" Elijah called throughout the house.

"Yeah sweetie?" I asked, walking over to him, picking Tyler up and propping him on my hip. He rest his small head on my shoulder.

"I love you." He simply said. His bright green eyes shone brighter than when he was newly born, but never fails to leave me awestruck. I smiled at how insignificant those three simple words may seem, but to me they were so heart-warming.

"I love you more." I tickled his stomach softly and he giggled. He was so adorable.

Tyler started crying from Elijah's laughing, and I rocked him back and forth. "It's ok, Tyler. Shh, it's ok." I soothed him.

He soon fell asleep and I put him in his crib to rest. Elijah was playing with legos in the living room and Jason should be getting home soon from his job. He just has a simple retail job while I own my own architecture firm still in NYC. Yes, I'm only 30, but after that thing with TIME magazine, my career skyrocketed. I, personally, design houses for specific clients. Like, if you want to build your own house from scratch, you would come to me and I would draw designs for you. I'm more of a personal designer.

And this was my life; my two loving boys, Elijah was almost five and Tyler only 18 months and Jason who has just come back from finishing his time in the marines. Like, literally a few days ago.

I put a pot of boiling water on the stove and threw in some noodles. Tonight, I was making spaghetti. Finishing up the dinner, Jason walked through the door.

"I'm home." He said, causing Elijah to run into his arms. Jason scooped him up and planted quick kisses on his cheeks.

"Daddy!" He screeched. Jason looked at him.

"How you doin' Eli?" He asked. Only Jason called him Eli.

"Gooood. Look what I made!" He said pulling Jason into the living room. I laughed at his excitement. "Look, it's a car." He said proudly, holding up a bunch of random lego pieces that were attached to each other on four wheels.

"That's amazing!" Jason said, making Elijah smile.

We all sat down for dinner, and it was gone within ten minutes. Elijah smacked his lips. "That was really good." He said, wiping his mouth with his sleeve.

"Don't do that, Elijah." I complained, knowing how hard it was to clean spaghetti sauce from shirts. Over the years, I have learned how hard it is to be a mom, but I don't regret a minute.

"I'm sorry." He said, pouting.

"Don't act like that, how does some ice cream sound?" I asked, bribing him.

"Yay! Ice cream!" He cheered.

I cleared the table and Jason scooped him some ice cream. While he did that, I put Tyler down for the night.

As I was tucking him in, Jason came up behind me, hugging me. "Hey babe." He whispered in my ear.

"Hey." I kissed him on the cheek.